6.Things are stable

"I see you have found people willing to assist you. It is rare that mortals will give so selflessly as this crippled professor." He smiled, lovingly.
"He really has helped me. Professor X is teaching me how to control my powers, he and his staff members are giving me a full Cambridge education as well as continuing with horse riding, dance and music lessons." I replied cheerfully. He sat next to me on the edge of the bridge. We stared at the darkening horizon as the sun set. The silence was comforting, never awkward or nervous with him. He put his arm around my shoulder. I responded by leaning my head on his chest. We stayed there, in warm and peaceful embrace until I fell asleep.
"Sam. Sam. Sam! Saaa.....aaa......aa......aaa...mmmmmmmmm!!!!!" Kitty got impatient of the considerate method of waking people up and became my name calling alarm clock.
"Mmhhf, I'm awake. What is it?" I rolled onto my back and used my hand to shield my eyes from the light being thrown at me through the open curtains.
"Professor wants you in his office before your first class. As soon as possible actually. It's roughly an hour after your usual waking up time." She walked away from my bed, possibly to get an outfit to throw at me.....or a glass......of..........water. My thoughts went sliding. I shook my head in an attempt to properly wake up.
After adjusting to the light, my eyes were graced with the view of my new dorm room. It was nice to have the opportunity to bunk with people I trust.....mostly....
"Proff needs you in his offff." And there she is. Slender, blonde, athletic....typical mean girl.
"Yup, I've heard." I said yawning. I walked to my cupboard and chose an outfit before entering and locking the bathroom so I could get cleaned up. It's sad that I already dislike her, I barely know her. I just get that feeling, from the way she talks to people and behaves, that she doesn't work well with friends, she's the i hidden in the A hole of TEAM [( see picture for reference )] . Works for herself and drops you when you need her most. My strategy towards such people? Be nice, polite, stay in the range of 'almost friend' in an attempt to guilt trip them when you catch the knife they're about to lodge into your spine. Being friends causes complications, so almost friend is the title and description to stick with.
I dressed, fixed my hair into a one-elastic-messy-bun and spotted some tinted moisturizer onto a couple scattered pimples.
"I should see you guys at breakfast. If not, in class." I grabbed my bag and shut the door behind me.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
"Morning professor. You wanted to see me?" He looked more solemn than when in class. This seems serious. He gestured to a seat opposite his on the other side of his desk, I took it.
"Something's bothering you isn't it?" He asked.
"Well, something's always bothering me. I guess I'm just more comfortable to actually show what I'm feeling here." I reasoned. His brow furrowed.
"Is there anything recent that's been bothering you then?" He rephrased. I looked down in thought.
"Not that I can think of. Things have been happening but I don't think they're bothering me. They're just ordinary events. Well, here nothing is ever truly ordinary." I smiled. He nodded.
"Then would you be willing to face something that's bothering you from some time ago?" I could see him choosing his words as carefully as he could for fear of offending me.
"You mean like...therapy type stuff?" He nodded.
"You've had a few rough experiences that might be worth getting some closure on." I looked at my hands in thought.
"I'm not sure I'm ready to face those demons, Professor. For now I just want to enjoy being content in life, in case it doesn't last." I admitted. He smiled.
"I understand, sometimes one should just get away from the bad times to enjoy the good."
"But, um. Would you be willing to read my mind, I've been having some strange dreams lately and I hoped you could shed some light on them." I asked politely. He nodded.
"Sure."
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
"So this.... prince?.......has been trying to communicate with me?" I was so confused. He nodded.
"It appears he has been keeping a telepathic connection with you for most of your life actually. And I think you might, subconsciously be seeking other telepathic connections." He looked at the floor, deep in thought. Fascinating, I wonder who this princely telepath is.
"Thank you professor. I really appreciate it." I stood to leave, he nodded, eyes still fixed on the floor.
"I'll see you later for class. Bye." I headed down to breakfast, thoughts swirling in my head. Maybe my dad has finally decided to connect with me. I made a mental note to check the letter before catching up with Kitty, my blonde roommate and her boyfriend.
"So affectionate. See, this is why I want a boyfriend." I joked; Kitty and the boyfriend smiled at me, Blondie rolled her eyes as,we entered the busy kitchen.
*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*
Apologies if this chapter was shorter than expected, I struggled to word the dialogue in the office scene without giving too much about her family away.