Whole Again

Josh POV.

The human part of me didn't care. The only part that cared was my moral part, the civilized part that had been forced upon me by society. I only cared because I had to, and as much as I hated to admit it, that was the truth and it always has been.

Tyler just sat on my couch and stared at the phone in his hand as if it was a foreign object.

"Do you have someone I could call for you, so I can tell them know you are okay?" he nodded and handed me the phone. I felt a bit uncomfortable looking through this stranger's phone, eventually I found the name 'mom'. I called the number and someone answered.

"Hello? Tyler? Are you okay?" she spoke with dismay.

"This isn't Tyler, I found your son outside." I cleared my throat "I'm josh, he's okay. He just wants to stay at my house for the night, I can drop him off in the morning if that's alright."

"Oh thank goodness, I was so worried he was going to... um, never mind! He's okay, that's all that matters. Thank you for calling, I am Kelly. I'll text you the address, bye." and it beeped.

That was the most awkward conversation I've ever had. I looked over at Tyler who had fallen asleep already on the couch. I took his shoes off and covered him in a duvet, knowing that my apartment was very cold.

I finally received the address from Kelly. I realized my room was so dirty. I picked up a little bit, did some laundry, took care of dishes and garbage.

Before I knew it the clock read 3:31 am. I laid my head on the semi fluffy pillow and let my dreams over come my thoughts.