Chapter 6 - New Sternritter A

This chapter is dedicated to iram0123!

Happy reading!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Haschwalth pov:

"Don't fight amongst each other. You know such an act is punishable by death." I told few of the Sternritter again. It was a common occurance and they seemed to forget that His Majesty did not like it when they engaged in mindless squabbles.

"H-hai....captain Haschwalth." The ones who were just fighting glared at each other. My job was done here, I walked out of their room to check on Sana again.

She was a strange human. When I had gone to the human world to bring her here to Hueco Mundo on His Majesty's orders, she hadn't resisted much. I had expected her to try to escape, contact a shinigami; anything that would prevent her from coming with us. But all she had done was call up another friend of hers and asked him to give her friends and family a reason for her absence. Did she care so much for her people? What was it she saw in her family?

As far as I remember, I had lived with my uncle in a small town. I knew of no one else until I met Bazz-B who was now also a Sternritter serving His Majesty. He was appointed as Sternritter H, the Heat; being able to use fire as his main ability.

All my life I lived with my uncle, I was abused. He always sent me out to bring home food from the forest and if he wasn't satisfied, I was left with such painful bruises. He punished me no matter what....because of who I was and because of the power of Quincys I could not possess. He called me an embarrassment.

Unlike Bazz-B and other Quincys who had the ability to create their own Heilig Bogen and collect reishi from their surrounding, I could never do so. Everyone I knew called me an insult to the Quincy name.....including my uncle.

Everyone except Bazz-B. All he said was that he was better than me because he was a genius. He was different and wanted me to be his subordinate; it was the first time I had felt accepted.

When His Majesty had invaded the town in which I lived in, my uncle was killed. I had been glad yet at the same time, I had nowhere to go. Bazz-B too had his town burned down, his parents killed and he swore to kill His Majesty for what had happened. We stayed together after that, learning to fight and protect ourselves without having to depend on others. But no matter how hard I tried, Bazz-B was always far ahead of me. I still couldn't use reishi from the surroundings and seeing his power grow everyday made me uneasy.

I was able to overcome my lack of Quincy powers by learning to use a regular bow and arrow and learn sword fighting. In any match, I was unbeatable and yet, I felt useless. I didn't have the Quincy powers I was supposed to have. I wad useless compared to Bazz-B or anyone else. In some situations, Bazz-B was the one who had protected me with his reishi. so many times, I had felt that I was nothing more than a burden to him and this world.

But all of that changed on the day His Majesty sent out a fleet of messengers to announce he was gathering an army that would invade and destroy Soul Society for what they had done to the Quincys. That is when His Majesty himself had come to the small town we lived in hearing the commotion Bazz-B had caused when he tried to fight one of the messengers.

His Majesty had stopped in front of me, telling me that I was the first person who would join his army; that I was his other half, the key to releasing his full power; the one who was required for his survival.

Unlike Bazz-B, I didn't really hate His Majesty. In fact, I didn't want to get involved into matters that didn't really apply to my situation. I had joined up with Bazz-B only because I had nowhere else to go and he was the only one who had accepted me despite my differences. I was still not sure about wanting to fight against His Majesty, that too knowing how powerful he actually was. without being able to use even a Heilig Bogen, what chance did I stand against someone at that level?