Chapter 8 - Left Alone

Please listen to the OST from the beginning of the chapter! I have put up an extended version :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sana pov:

I sighed for the millionth time today. It had been just three days since Ishida had come here and I hadn't seen him even once after our conversation.

I was yet to digest the fact that he was here serving Juha san as an heir. Well, as he said, he is a Quincy but was that alone the reason for him to be going against people who were his comrades until now? I mean, it was just too crazy to believe!

Ishida had always been a difficult person to understand. He was the brains of the group, the cautious one of the group and the one who usually understood and weighted situations better than everyone else did. Was this a part of a bigger picture I was missing? Was he really against Soul Society now or was this all an act so in the end he could help Soul Society and stop Juha san and his selfish methods to attain power? If that was his plan, he obviously wouldn't give the slightest hint to anyone that he was planning something. After all there is the saying, 'To fool your enemies, you have to fool your friends first'.....or something like that anyway.

"Aaarrghh!!! Its too complicated!!" I finally yelled annoyed at the dead ends I was meeting in my head. "You're awfully noise today, ya know?" That's Askin for you. He just has to poke his nose in everything and comment on everything I do. "What do you care? I have a zillion things to think about and you don't need to butt it!" I hollered at him.

He was cleaning his ear with his pinky as he watched me expressionless. I sighed shaking my head helplessly. "I forgot that you're not the type to bother about anything I say...." I muttered to myself and opened my laptop. I hadn't had the interest to do any work for the whole day but I knew I had to get back soon because emails and work would be piling up with every second I didn't think about it.

I had been here in Hueco Mundo for almost two weeks now. I had gotten well acquainted with most of the Quincys here and they didn't seem to mind my company. Of course, I usually joined Juha san for meals and Haschwalth san would escort me every now and then. But besides that, my movement in Las Noches was limited to my room and balcony. There really wasn't anywhere to go or anything to see here....the only entertainment I got was when I streamed and watched movies online.

Its not that it was peaceful then either because Askin was always there to comment on every scene of the movie. Gosh, he was really driving up the wall.

Another thing that I wasn't quite satisfied about was that I hadn't been able to leave Hueco Mundo. My parents had called me recently saying that they were planning a trip to New Zealand. It had been so long since we spent time freely with each other and I don't even remember the last time we all went on a trip together. Unfortunately for me, I had to refuse giving my reason of being with Michael in Hawaii.

They were sad that I wouldn't be able to make it with them, but I had told them to go ahead with the plan. They needed a break too. It had been so long since my parents relaxed and they definitely deserved a nice vacation in New Zealand. I wish I could have gone too though.....

Oh well, no point in thinking about something that was already done and decided. They should have left yesterday, if I remember correctly. They would probably send me a few pictures and call me to talk to me when they got the time.

I shook my head with a small smile. I'll just have to go with them another time.

"Hmmm.....I wonder how the stocks are coming along..." I mumbled to myself, looking back at my laptop and opening an internet tab to check the news before I started work again. I had informed Sato san earlier about my father's business partner. He had a hunch that the stocks would go up well this year and if that happened, we would have a really good profit. We could spend about half the profit on charity just like we always did. Perhaps to an orphanage or old age home or to people living in the smaller congested areas around.