Chapter 10 - Attack on Soul Society

Ishida pov:

It was such shocking news about Sana san's parents. The way she had barged into the room in the middle of the meeting two days ago, the horrified look on her face....she wasn't the type to interrupt people. I had understood there was a genuine reason for her to have been acting that way. After all, it wasn't the first time she had been kidnapped for her power. She wouldn't try something as stupid as escaping especially when her powers were sealed off.

His Majesty had sent Haschwalth, Askin and Bazz-B to accompany her back to the human world. Askin and Bazz-B had returned a few hours later to report about the accident. Haschwalth had returned almost a day later bringing us news of their death. I was shocked and seeing her after two days, I was worried.

She looked so pale, she had lost weight, she had dark bags under her eyes, her lips dry and chapped, almost no energy in her body. She looked ready to collapse any minute.

From the first day she was brought here, I could see that she didn't really like the company of His Majesty. But she was good at tolerating it and spoke to him as normally and cheerfully as possible. She obviously would hate any sort of physical contact with him though, even a handshake. But today, seeing the way she herself leaned into him crying when he held her in an attempt to console her, I cant even comprehend the amount of pain she was in now.

I walked through the hallways that lead to the room she was staying in. "Ishida." I stopped a few feet away from the room door when Haschwalth called my name. I looked at him with narrow eyes, he looked as passive as ever. "Sana said she wished to be alone."

I smirked slightly amused at what he said. "Since when do you worry about anyone besides His Majesty, Haschwalth?" He narrowed his eyes slightly at me. "I do not worry about anyone else besides His Majesty. I am merely saying what she said." "I heard her loud and clear when she said that. But as a friend and someone to depend on during tough times, I want to make sure she's alright. I'm sure having someone she knows and trusts will help her."

I noticed Haschwalth clench his fists slightly. I frowned for a moment before smirking again, understanding why he was acting this way. I turned to face him completely still smiling. "Oh? Is there something going on, Haschwalth? Don't tell me you are starting to feel something besides your loyalty and sense of responsibility to His Majesty."

I sounded mocking, but in reality I wasn't very happy about where this was going. Haschwalth had always been the reserved type. He didn't care or concern himself with anyone besides His Majesty and his goals. But from his reactions concerning Sana san, I was getting the hint that besides His Majesty, Sana san was someone he was starting to lean to. Was he starting to like her?

This was just as troublesome as it was with Aizen.

"Very well, I will accompany you." Yup, he was getting slightly possessive. He already didn't trust me. He had a hunch that I was planning something though none of the others seemed to suspect anything. And now he looked like he didn't want me to go alone to see Sana san.

I turned away from him. "That is not required. She wouldn't want a stranger around her anyway." Haschwalth's reiatsu wavered at my words. Now I was sure. He didn't feel comfortable when o indirectly said that he was someone Sana san would consider as a stranger. I had to make sure to keep him away from her.

I walked to the room and I could sense him following me despite saying he didn't need to come. He waited near the door not following me inside thankfully. When I stepped into the room, I saw Sana san sitting curled up on the couch watching a slideshow of pictures on her laptop. All the pictures were those of her parent and my stomach churned at the almost lifeless look in her eyes.