Chapter 7

Unknown POV

When you're in a gang, there's always people watching you. Ace's right hand man didn't seem to know that. What was his name... Evan? Ethan? Something like that. It amazed me how blind he was. Jose and I had been stalking him for a few days, and he hadn't even noticed.

I saw him leave the house, light up a cigarette and lean against the alleyway wall. Our windows were tinted so I wasn't worried about being spotted. He pulled out his phone sending a text, then began walking to Ace's complex. We knew to stay away from there, it was too risky.

"Let's go," Jose said, watching him closely.

I stared at the house for a while and took a picture of the address with my phone to show Dominic.

Daniel POV

I started to panic when I woke up and didn't see Ethan in my room. Had I dreamt that he stayed the night? The mattress wasn't even on the floor anymore. I pulled out my phone and saw a new text from him.

Hey sorry I had to leave early, I put the mattress away for you and I don't think your moms home. Text me if you need anything

I smiled when I found out that I hadn't been dreaming. I rushed downstairs and poured myself a bowl of cereal, wondering where my mom was.

Probably in bed with some hobo.

I mindlessly moved to scratch my back but my hand was met with... paper? plastic? Bandages. Oh. I remembered the events of the day before and sighed in frustration and distress.

Every time I see him it's embarrassing.

I walked to the bathroom to check what that asshole had carved on my back. I painfully took off the bandages, the tape sticking to my back. I looked into the mirror behind me. It was one word. I read it backwards, already knowing what it would say.

FAG

Of course...

I started to panic as I realized it would probably leave a scar. My back would look like that forever. My eyes filled with tears but I didn't cry as I threw Ethan's shirt back on. I walked back downstairs to finish my cereal, but instead sat at the dining room table with my arms crossed. I stared into space for about ten minutes, lost in thought, until the door crashed open.

"Come heeere baby my room is this way." My mom giggled uncontrollably at the chunky man she was pulling into the house with her until she saw me. I quickly grabbed my spoon and pretended to have been eating.

"Well what the fuuck are you still doing here? You have school." She smelled like alcohol. I didn't want to tell her it was a Saturday. I didn't want to talk to her at all. So I stayed silent. If she saw what was carved on my back she would probably giggle for a year.

She suddenly looked really sober.

"Get the fuck out of my house."

I nodded and stood up making my way to the door.

"Hey, wait. Who's this?" My mom's friend asked. I ignored him and kept walking. I felt a rough hand forcefully grab my arm and spin me around.

"Why the rush to leave?" He asked, coming too close to me. I could smell the liquor from his breath.

"Honey. Let's go to my room." My mom said pretending to not be as pissed as she was.

"Why can't he come along with us?" He said forcefully pulling me along.

"Let me go." I said pulling my arm, but he just pulled back harder.

"Don't worry, you'll like it." He whispered in my ear. I did the only thing I could think of, and punched him in the nose.