Chapter 20

Daniel POV

Shitshitshitshitshitshitshit

I jumped up and grabbed Ethan's arm, pulling him back down into his seat which took all my strength.

"What're you doing?" I whispered to him nervously. He turned to me and smiled.

"Don't worry about it, I'm just gonna have a little chat..." He drifted off and stood back up. I saw some people start to watch him as he walked over to Mason's table. Sarah looked at him then glanced at me from the table next to Mason's and I shrank back in my seat.

Ethan POV

I didn't know what I was gonna do to him when I got there, but I'd make sure he wouldn't forget it.

Don't scare Daniel. I tried telling myself, but then I remembered what was carved on his back and my pace quickened.

"Excuse me." I said, seeing Mason's body stiffen and he slowly turned around. He didn't say anything, just looked at me.

"What do you want?" A bitchy, but familiar voice said to me. I looked over and saw the red haired girl who'd gone with Mason to the hospital glaring at me. I stared at her for about five seconds, then ignored her when she broke eye contact, turning back to Mason. He seemed to have regained his composure after that brat had spoken.

"Did you hear me?" I asked. He smirked and stood up, facing me.

"Is there something you need?" He said, trying to act tough in front of his friends. I smiled back.

"How about we take this conversation somewhere more private?" I said. His smirk faltered for a second, but he recovered quickly.

"I think I'm fine here."

I laughed.

Daniel POV

That was not the good kind of laugh. It was the dangerous kind that sent chills down your spine and made you look for somewhere to run.

Oh my god I have to stop this. Ethan's gonna kill him.

Ethan took a step closer to Mason and I quickly stood up, walking quickly to him. Nobody saw me because everyone's attention was on Ethan and Mason.

I grabbed Ethan's arm and he turned around glaring, until he saw it was me and his expression softened.

"Don't do this, Ethan. It was a while ago, let's just have lunch..." I said quietly, so Mason wasn't able to hear.

Ethan looked extremely conflicted and I tugged his arm towards our table and I relaxed as he started walking with me back to the table. Mason was truly an idiot though.

"Fags." He muttered.

I felt the arm I was pulling tear out of my grip and I saw Ethan punch Mason so hard that Mason fell to the ground, clutching his face.

Shit.

Ethan didn't even look satisfied. I grabbed his jacket and tried pulling him back again as noise and commotion started to fill the cafeteria.

Ethan could get in serious trouble for this. He didn't even go to the school!

"Ethan— come on!" I said and he gave one last glare to Mason, who was still on the ground and followed me out of the cafeteria. I rushed to my locker and turned to face him.

"Dammit Ethan you could get in so much trouble for that!" I said, glaring at him while trying to catch my breath.

"Worth it." He said, smiling at my reaction. This angered me more.