One || A New Beginning

Luke Skywalker woke up.

When he knew he was awakening, his entire world seemed to... change around him. He was jerked from the heart of his dreams, and suddenly tossed into all things primordial.

I'm awake... he thinks, beginning to cope with his feelings, How long was I asleep for?

His eyes began to open slowly, revealing a blinding light; then all at once, as he was thrown into oblivion, alarmed by a familiar voice he knew so awfully well: "All right, he's up!"

He's up? Luke questioned in his mind, now hoping to regulate to his surroundings. Have they been... monitoring me, or something?

As his eyes adjusted to the light, he found that there wasn't much light available to him after all. His eyes moved around as far as they could reach, though it hurt him to move them farther than he new he was capable. When his bright blue eyes had rightfully seen and scoped out everything in his range, he found he was in some sort of hut - enclosed, round, dark other than the morning light peering from the small cut-out doorway to his left.

Then it hit him; Endor, he thinks, I must have crashed after the victory celebration last night.

His thoughts continue, smacking him with the reality that was his life now. Why did I fall asleep? I remember seeing Father, and Yoda and Ben... Was I that tired?

Before he could answer his own questions, he was startled yet again by a man inside the hut with him, his voice booming loud enough to wake every creature in Endor.

The Corellian smuggler he'd come to love stood above Luke, barely able to fit inside the hut, beaming that same almost... sarcastic smile on his face. Luke stares up at him in awe, almost, as he turns to his right and shouts once more, "Leia, he's up. And he's doing fine."

Was I sick? The questions ran through Luke's mind as his head came into feel, suddenly realizing he wasn't all too comfortable in this hut after all. He should've known; it was Endor, anyways. Why is he calling for Leia? They seem to take to me surprisingly. As if something happened...

He brings himself to speak at last, knowing he must, "Han, w-what happened?" To his dismay, the words didn't come out as planned, and he sounded dreadfully tired and groggy. He clears his throat, hoping the next thing he has to say doesn't sound nearly as scratchy as that.

Han Solo chuckles under his breath and crouches to a kneel beside Luke, who found he could barely fit his whole body inside this squished hut as well. These things were meant for Ewoks, and Ewoks only.

"Oh, hey, kid," laughs Han with that same smile, "you can speak! Great. You crashed after the celebration last night. Didn't even know you were that tired."

Luke groans and puts a hand behind his head, to feel that there is nothing supporting it but twigs and leaves. Some pillow, he thinks, These Ewoks really know how to live.

"So... that's it?" Luke asks, struggling to sit up. "I just - fell asleep?"

"Pretty much. Leia said you had an interestingly sad night."

Luke chuckles and groans again, heaving himself to sit up against the round wall of the hut. He rubs the back of his head, feeling a bit groggier than when he had first awoken. He couldn't remember the celebration last night all too well, but he addressed what he knew.

"Yeah, I guess after seeing my father die before my eyes, then appear as a Force ghost, I couldn't take too much more," he chuckles.

Han raises an eyebrow jokingly and then turns toward the doorway again, shouting, "Leia! Where are you? Come on in here."