Four || Recognition

The second Ben Kenobi's bold, earthy, wise tone told Luke Skywalker's father that he was ready to endure the biggest adventure of his lifetime, Luke knew he was in for a treat.

All he had to do was close his eyes.

And so he did.

It was normal at first; the same darkness enveloped him the way any old darkness would when you were to close your eyes. Luke was disappointed, as he'd depicted time travel to be much different than this.

He said nothing to Ben or Anakin while he first closed his eyes, hoping nobody from the Falcon would come out and disturb him right before time took its toll.

And then things began to happen.

He couldn't hear himself breathe anymore; but he knew he was breathing. He didn't think... thinking, as he was afraid of, might mess something up. So he didn't think. He kept his eyes closed, and he waited, taking deep, soft breaths as he found to still be able to.

Then his chest began to hurt. He felt the urge to call out into the Force desperately, to call for Ben or his father in a time of hurt, a time of need while his chest ached and burned - but he had no choice except to ignore it.

It seemed there were flames inside his chest, licking at his lungs and working their way throughout his body. It felt similar to the lightning, shooting from the Emperor's fingertips and enclosing Luke's helpless body, only days ago...

The scene of the lightning coursing through his veins was still fresh in Luke's mind, yet he refused to think anything of it.

The burning sensation continued, weaving through his mind and soul as they could, until he began to hear voices. Still refusing to think about what he was hearing, or anything in general, Luke managed to fine tune his ears and focus on the voices - only the voices.

You were the Chosen One!

It was said that you would destroy the Sith, not join them.

You were to bring balance to the Force, not leave it in darkness!

The flames continued. Now, he realized, it was really beginning to hurt. It struck his limbs, shocked his bones down to the fingertips. Before his closed eyes was only darkness, but it felt like... lava. The fire inside Luke's chest reached the exterior of his paralyzed body now, like a hot breath on his face, breathing on his exposed skin.

He wants to thrash around; he must have been doing something wrong.

He had to stop now, before something went terribly -

You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you.

Luke's confusion and terror got the best of him. He had no choice now but to let himself think, to let his fire-encased mind work the way it was supposed to - Anakin? He thinks, hating himself for having not kept his mind blank, Who is saying those things to my father? My father never had a brother... only Owen, but he was his half-brother.

To his relief, though, the moment he let his mind free, was the moment the fire stopped. It was the moment the fire ceased creeping its way through his limbs and hacking his soul - it was gone.

He felt pure, he felt light. He felt... happy. But anxious, now. He couldn't open his eyes; but he knew he was almost there. As of this moment, he was traveling... through time.

He hears a woman's voice now. His eyes still encounter darkness and only darkness, but the soothing woman's voice seems to bring purity and light to it.

I truly, deeply, love you. Before we die, I want you to know.

Luke had so much anxiety now. It was an odd feeling - he felt as though he were about to be killed. He felt as though he were going somewhere that would positively result in his death.