Ten || Not From A Jedi

I know who you are.

And you will not succeed.

For a moment, he is glad - he is glad there is someone to tell otherwise, he is glad there is someone to show that he can succeed in saving his father, because that is his only motive - but he is afraid.

He stops and lets the chills run up his spine and entrance his neck like a cold, reptilian hand resting on it eerily. He is afraid to close his eyes; he is afraid that he will see the hooded figure standing there now, with that same smile and the wrinkles and the yellow eyes that say I destroyed your family -

But Anakin stops him from anything he could possibly endure with closing his eyes.

"Luke? Luke - are you all right?"

But everything, every vision has only twisted Luke's mind so much that his father - the wavy-haired, broad man that stood beside him as they entered the Opera House - frightened him.

I watched you choke your own wife. You - you killed her...

But you were manipulated. You were seized by the Chancellor, taken total advantage of and he started this awhile ago, because you already trust him so much and now he knows who I -

He remembers his father had asked him something. He stiffens, straightening his posture and letting out a breath, blinking slowly. He had to - he must - shake the thought of Palpatine knowing who he was. He simply couldn't kill the boy - Luke knew, he knew that Palpatine would end up wanting Luke for his power he would someday show the galaxy...

The power that Luke had in the world that existed out there, the world he came from, with his sister and the smuggler and -

He couldn't do that to himself. It was hurting.

"I'm - yeah, yeah, I'm fine."

I must lie to Father. I have... no other choice...

"You look... pale. This couldn't be about your distrust in the Chancellor, could it?"

He was lost. He had no words, nothing to tell his father in the moments his father looked at him with pure good and no hatred, no anger or supremacy - just his buoyant, young father. His father's eyebrows were knit and his lips were pursed as though he wanted nothing more than to hear Luke's sudden ill composure wasn't because of the respected man he trusted so much.

But Luke only nodded while biting his lip to keep from screaming out, from revealing everything because there was so much - there was so much to who he was, so much to where he had come from and where Anakin would end up if Luke didn't just do something -

He knew what he had to do.

He had to ignore the repulsive, hiss of a voice that belonged to the creature he watched his masked, weak father throw down a reactor shaft - risking his own life.

He had to ignore the thoughts of the man, the - thing that made his entire life miserable up until the moment where his father redeemed himself.

But all Luke Skywalker wanted was to give his young father a chance to never have to be redeemed.

He had to let himself think that Palpatine was only an obstacle, like everything else he would come across whilst in the Old Republic.

Obi-Wan was an obstacle. As was his own mother, who may had been a good mental role in his father's life but was only a blockade, the sole reason for Anakin believing he didn't have the power within himself that he needed to save her...