Six || Like Father, Like Son

Luke couldn't speak. He knew, he knew he wanted to tell his father of his true identity, his true identity as his son - but he didn't think he would feel this way when it came to it. He didn't think his fists would be clammy, his throat would be dry and his blood would run cold.

He thought his father was so confused in the midst of his thoughts, that he couldn't figure out who Luke was, and that's what was bothering him.

But right now, as his father stood feet away, a displeased tone to his voice - Luke could sense no anger and could feel no heat from his favored weapon - he wasn't sure of how to react.

Did his father really know?

"T-Then who am I?" He manages to spit out, and his voice is low, scared. A bit shaky when he thought about it, because he was scared. Of his own father, he wasn't sure - or maybe he was.

Luke tightens his weak fists as his father bellows, "You're my son."

But his father's voice is not only dreary, but it is weak within itself, and confused. Luke can sense a bit of... hurt.

He hears his father sigh, then shift to sit on the edge of one of the couches. Luke blinks sadly and hangs his head. "I didn't want you to find out this way."

Luke turns to face his father, the lights of Coruscant shining onto his saddened face as he locks eyes with his father, who looked awfully confused and weakened.

"I - I don't understand," groans Anakin, shaking his head. "It makes no sense. How can you be... how? How old are you?"

Luke chuckles under his breath. "Twenty-three. I'm older than you, aren't I?"

Anakin's eyes widen and he exhales. "Well, yes, but - it doesn't matter. How are you here, why are you here?"

I can't tell him everything. It would devastate him, destroy him, even... or would it be better to tell him? For him to realize who he could potentially become, so he could then try to stop himself?

Luke walks slowly and sits beside his father. "Father," he starts, and Anakin turns to him with slightly narrowed eyes, "there's far too much to tell you about the future I come from. You wouldn't understand," he says softly, touching a hand to his father's trembling shoulder, "you wouldn't be able to live with yourself knowing the future I live in."

Anakin blinks and hangs his head, staring at the ground and his feet. "I... I don't understand. How were you able to do this? How are you able to - "

"All that matters, is that I was sent here for a good reason. I promise you."

Anakin seems out of breath, as if he had used too much of his strength to see within himself who Luke was. He chokes out, "I... felt threatened by you. I'm sorry, Luke. This just... troubles me. I should be able to understand, I'm powerful enough to understand - !"

Luke stops him. "No," he breathes, "No. Don't let your anger get in the way of things, Father. Listen to me when I tell you that."

Anakin weakly lifts his head to look at his son. "Please, tell me... what is the future like? Why do you speak of it so..." he looks off to Coruscant, lost in the scenery, "...awfully?"

"Because it is, Father," he tells him, solemn in his voice as he was superior to his deflated-looking father now, "Or... it was. I fixed things, but they were never the way I would've liked them."

Anakin knits his eyebrows and looks back to Luke. "Can't you tell me any of it?"

Luke rises with a sigh and walks to lean on the balcony on the veranda, staring off. "No," he says softly, "I... can't. It would destroy you."