CHAPTER 2

No Blake she wasn't there, I kept telling myself over and over again as I drove. Chrissie would try to make conversation but I couldn't speak. The fear gripped it's tinny evil hands around my voice box forcing me to stay quite.

I turned the car into our new street "Sunnydale Lane" how ironic. This whole street looked anything but sunny. Those pictures they showed us were photoshoped. The real scenery was drab and grey with run down houses and unkempt gardens. Bliss.

I got out of the car and grabbed the two bags in the back. I looked at my watch. The movers should be here in a few hours with the rest of our stuff, I thought to myself.

"Honey I'm home!" I sang in an overly stereotypical American voice as I opened the wooden door.

As I opened the door the sweet smell of damp infused itself up my nostrils making me gag.

"Ain't this a palace," Chrissie said sarcastically.

"It just needs a little touch up," I muttered.

That was a huge understatement. The wallpaper was peeling off the wall and the ceiling hung down with a wet patch that kept dripping water down.

"A little touch up?" she snorted. "This place needs bull dozing and rebuilding."

I was going to say something back to her but there was a knock at the door. The movers were here.

­---------------------------------------------------------------------------___________________________________

After the movers came and set everything up, I decided to take Chrissie out to dinner seeing as she refused to touch the mould ridden kitchen.

"Hello welcome to Papa Róach, my name is Penny and I'm going to be your waitress for tonight what would you like to drink?" the waitress asked getting her notepad out.

Why was she pretending to be so happy? I would rather her show her true emotions. I can see it in her golden eyes that she wasn't happy. Wait golden eyes?

"Why did you kill me Blake?" the waitress asked except it wasn't her voice that came out. But it can't be. She's dead.

"I didn't do it!" I screamed.

"You didn't do what?" Chrissie asked giving me an angry look.

I looked around the restrauntand everyone in the restraint was looking at me in shock. I looked back at penny whose face was also the picture of shock. Her eyes were no longer golden but were a boring blue.

"Nothing," I mumbled playing with my fingures.

I must have imagined it.

"What would you like to drink?" the waitress repeated

I was about to speak when Chrissie interrupted me.

"Nothing we're leaving."

­"What was that about?" I asked her as I drove back home.

"Excuse me? Are you actually asking me that?"

When I didn't answer she continued.

"You embarrassed me in front of everyone Blake! Why did you shout that out?" she asked crying

"Oh baby don't cry" i tried to soothe her but she batted my hands away.

As I parked in the drive way she hurried out of the car. Sighing, I turned off the engine and followed her. As I walked to the door I had an eerie feeling that I was being watched.

"Blake, I don't want to sleep in the same bed as you tonight," Chrissie huffed throwing a blanket and a pillow at me.

"Chrissie don't be like that-,"I started but she was already storming away.

Fine, I thought, suit yourself. I walked over to the sofa and made my bed before getting into it.

"Blakey, wakey wakey," I heard a soft voice brush my ear.

"I knew you couldn't resist me for long babe," I murmured.

Still half asleep I turned to kiss her. As our lips connected I knew this definately wasn't Chrissie. Hesitantly I opened my eyes until I was staring into the golden eyes.

"Did you miss me Blakey?"

** OOO who is this mysterious golden eyed person. is it a person? **