CHAPTER 3

“Arghh!” I woke up screaming, my body drenched with sweat.

That was an awful nightmare. Why is she back? And why do I feel like she’s still here.

I looked at the clock. Crap! I’ve only got 30 minutes to get to work.  I scrambled to my feet and ran to the bathroom to brush my teeth and hair. I’ll have to shower when I come home.

I sprinted to the bedroom the toothbrush still stuck in my mouth. I tried to open the door but it was locked.

“Chrissie open the door!” I shouted banging my fists on the door.

“She can’t hear you,” a familiar voice sang.

“Who’s there?” I asked my shaking voice betraying my tough exterior.

“Oh come on Blakey, you know who I am.”

“You’re dead.”

“No I’m not. I’m. Right. Behind. You” the voice brushed pass my ear making me shiver.

“Boo!”

I screamed as I backed myself against the wall. When I turned around there was nobody there.

“Blake what are you doing screaming around at this time?” Chrissie asked when she opened the door.

“She-” I started to say but I stopped myself.

There’s no chance that Chrissie will believe that a dead girl was haunting me. She’d just think I was as crazy as I was starting to think I am.

“Nothing, can I just get my clothes, I’m going to be late to work,” I muttered walking past her and getting my suit out of the wardrobe.

“I’m going shopping today for some paint. What colours do you want?” Chrissie asked nonchalantly as she watched me tug on my trousers.

“I don’t really care, Chrissie, just as long as the house isn’t pink or purple,” I answered tying my tie.

I walked over to my unpacked suitcase and took out my black leather briefcase.

“See you tonight,” I said to Chrissie as I kissed her cheek.

I could tell she hadn’t forgiven me about yesterday but I wasn’t going to dwell on it women are stupid.

____________________________________________________________________________

­“We are very happy to have you as a member of our team Mr Adams,” Mr Jenkins my new boss said to me as we walked to my office.

“I’m glad to be working with you, Sir” I said sincerely to the white bearded man.

“Ah, this is your office, I’ll leave you to settle in,” he said ushering at a door marked “Blake Adams”.

“Thank you.”

I walked around my new office after Mr Jenkins had left. Albeit it was small it had a nice cosy feel to it.

I went over to my desk and started decorating it with various stationary, documents, folders and pictures of me and my family. I looked at the picture of my beautiful wife but there was something different about her. I looked closer and realised her eyes were no longer the deep milk chocolate colour they once were. They were now a golden colour. Exactly like her eyes.

My heart missed a beat. Why is she following me?

“Because,” her voice taunted my thoughts.

“Leave me alone!” I screamed.

“Never.” She purred. I could almost see her smirking.

I waited for her to speak some more but I heard nothing from. I relaxed and started to answer my emails when my phone started ringing.

I’m not meant to answer personal calls but this was from Chrissie. Why would she call me if we’re fighting? It must be important.

“Hello?”

There was silence for a while until..

“Blake, please come home. I’m scared. She’s going to kill me!” Chrissie hissed.

What is she talking about?

“Who’s going to kill you and why are you whispering?”

I didn’t get an answer for a while and I started panicking. I was going to ask her what was wrong until I heard an ear-piercing scream from the other end.

** i can play the dramatic card too nathan :D :P**