Chapter 17

Chapter 17.

-Whiskey's P.O.V.-

The pounding in my head wakes me up. I look around and I see I'm in my room. Adam's not here, but it was kind of a normal thing, I don't think I've woken up next to him more than 3 times.  I get up and check my phone, and I'm still in last nights clothes. Damn I must've been fucking tired. I look at my phone and she that it's about 1 in the afternoon and I had a text. It was from Simon.

-Hey, just wanted to let you know, no one was home when I dropped you off so I found a spare key and took you to your room. Hope you don't mind.-

I smile. God he is just a sweet heart! I text him back saying thank you and put my phone down and go to the kitchen. There's breakfast on the table with a note and I go to read it.

"Left to go get something. Be ready by 3, I'm taking you to the voice."

-Adam's P.O.V.-

"What do you think?" I ask Jesse as the Neil Lane brings out the ring. Neil explains a bunch of stuff to Jesse but I can tell he's not listening.

"It great! Wow! That is a beautiful ring!" Jesse says. I pay for the ring and get a special looking box for it.

"So, you were planning this for a while weren't you?" Jesse asks.

"I've got to admit, when she took me back after the Anne incident. I knew I was going to marry her. Not many women would take me back , so yea I did start working on it in secret," I say. I drop off Jesse at his house and head home.

When I get home, I see Whiskey on the couch watching reruns of "The Guardian" She sees me and runs to hug me.

"I missed you this morning!" She tells me giving me a kiss.

"I'm sorry," I say kissing her back. She smiles and goes to the couch and watches the rest of the show with Ky. I look at the clock. Fuck! It's already 3. Did I really take that long!

"Babe, let's go," I tell her putting Ky in the backyard.

"Yay! I finally get to meet the guy who is trying to steal my man," She says smiling as she grabs her coat. I escort her to the car and we drive to the studio. As I'm parking in front of the studio, I can see Whiskey itching of excitment.

"You ready?" I ask her. 

"As I'll ever be," She says smiling.

We get out and walk into the studio. As soon as I get to the lounge area and I see Blake.

"Adam!" Blake says as he walks to me and gives me a bear hug.

"Hey," I say choking,"I'm dying."

Blake and Whiskey laugh. Blake turns around and looks at Whiskey.

"I'm Whiskey," She says shaking his hand.

"My girlfriend," I add. Blake turns to me with a face pretending to be hurt.

"So you're cheating on me?" He says.

"Hey. You married Miranda, so you cheated on me," I say keeping a straight face. Usher and Shakira walk in.

"Hey Adam," Shakira says giving me a hug.

"Hey," Usher says, but his attention immediately goes to Whiskey.

"And you are?" He says taking Whiskey's hand and kissing it.

"Whiskey," She says blushing.

"Your just as rare as your name," Usher says.

"Hey man, she's mine," I say cooly, keeping just enough aggression in my voice so he gets the message.

-Whiskey's P.O.V.-

"Don't mind them," Shakira says as she comes to give me a hug,"Hablas español?" She asks me if I speak spanish.

"Si, creci hablando español," I tell her I grew up speaking spanish.

"I like her already," Shakira tells Adam. The guys laugh, so Shakira and I engage in a converstation in spanish.

"Solo ingles aqui por favor," Adam tries to say only english here but it sounds really funny, making Shakira and me laugh. The crew is called on stage and I stay back stage. They have a t.v. back stage so I can watch it but I end up texting Simon most of the time. On commercials though I'm allowed to go talk with the coaches and sit with Adam in the chair. But then they shoo me away when they start to film. So most of the time I was just texting Simon. Until the end.

-Adam,'s P.O.V.-

"Damn you Adam!" Blake says laughing as he hugs me,"Congrats on the win this year. I'll get you next year."

Shakira and Usher say their congratulations when Whiskey runs up to me.

"Congradulation Adam!" She says kissing me,"I'm so proud of you!"

"Thanks but it was all Judith," I say.

"No, you helped," She says kissing me. Confetti is everywhere and drinks are plenty and people are cheering. Usher, Shakira and Whiskey are laughing at something Blake said. It felt like everything went by in slow motion.

I take her hand and slowly get on one knee and I see Shakira's hand fly to her mouth as she notices what's going on. Whiskey's eyes widen as she figures it out and her other hand goes to cover her mouth. I pull the box out of my pocket with my free hand and open it.

"I know we've only been dating a few months, but in that period of time, I've grown to love you more and more,"I say and I see a tear escape her eye,"You've forgiven so many of my mistakes and you've stayed with me even though I didn't deserve it. But most of all, you've shown me what love really means. I know I want to spend the rest of my life with you. So will you do me the honor, and be my wife?"