Chapter 22

-Adam's P.O.V.-

It's been about 2 months and a half since Whiskey left me. I haven't heard from her or Tina. Jesse finally started talking to me again. When he first heard about what happened and didn't talk to me for weeks, but now he's answering my calls.

"Hey Jesse!" I say as he answers the phone.

"Hey," Jesse says, not sounding very enthusiastic to hear me.

"You want to go get a couple beers today?" I ask him

"No I'm, uh busy," he tells me. I can tell he's lying but I don't feel like arguing about it.

"Oh ok, how's Whiskey?" I ask. I know I treated her horribly but I still love her.

"I have to go, bye," He says hanging up. Ok, well, some things take longer than others.

"Babe, you ran out of milk," Anne tells me. From the kitchen.

"I'll go get some," I tell her as I get my keys and go. I got back with Anne after Whiskey left, but there isn't a day that goes by that I don't miss Whiskey. I pull into the grocery store and go inside to get some milk. After I find it I wait in line to check out and my eyes wander to the magazines. I usually don't look at them but for reason today I do. On the cover is Whiskey and that Simon Baker guy. Whiskey started to become well known because she's on a new hit t.v. show. And I've got to admit, I only watch it because of her. I got the magazine and opened to the page about them. It talks about them moving in together and they ask her about me. I'm surprised because she doesn't bash my name, but the reporter does. I continue reading and I see she defends me when the reporter tries to drag my name in the mud. I really didn't deserve such a nice, perfect person did I?

-Whiskey's P.O.V-

I wake up and Simon is next to me. I kiss him on the cheek and get up to go to shower. I moved in with Simon after the Danny incident. I still think about Adam every once in a while, but that's just how it is when you lose your true love. After I finish showering, Simon isn't in bed anymore so he must have gone to the kitchen. I put on one of Simon's flannel shirts and when I go through my side of the dresser I find my engagment ring. I didn't give it back to Adam, I told myself I'd sell it, but something in my heart doesn't want to. I put the ring back in its special place in the dresser. I quickly comb my hair and head down stairs

"Good Morning love," He says kissing my cheek as I go into the kitchen.

"Good morning," I say as I get myself a bowl of cereal and sit cross legged on the couch.

"I have some news," Simon tells me as he gets himself a bagel and sitting on the couch with me.

"What? Are you going to go filming?" I ask him as I sput a spoonful of cheerios in my mouth.

"Uh no. Actually Rebecca, told me the kids have a week off," He starts,"I'm going to go visit them."

"That's great!" I tell him. Simon hasn't seen his kids in a while so I'm ecstatic about it.

"I want you to go with me and meet them," He tells me,"I got to tickets for us both. They're for tomorrow"

"Good," I say smiling as I kiss him. I've only seen pictures of his kids and I've been wanting to meet them.

"You're not mad?" He asks me.

I kiss him and caress his cheek,"Why would I be mad at you? I want you to go see your kids, and I want to meet them."

He smiles and kisses me,"That's why I love you."

***

As I board the plane I start to feel excited. I'm going to finally meet Simon's kids. I just hope that they like me.