Prologue

[Note: The first track in the video (Blue Jacket) is the one you need to listen to for this chapter. Thanks!]

-----------------------------

I have never enjoyed watching anything from the horror genre. Slashers, hauntings, possessions, found footage, death games, you name it, I can't stomach it! Heck, combining it with another genre like comedy won't make it easier to swallow. Other people might enjoy scaring themselves on purpose, but not me! It's like putting hot sauce on pizza. Like, you want your face and body to heat up, your eyes to water, your stomach to hurt, and your tongue to go numb? Fun fact: Capsaicin, the chemical compound found in peppers, stimulates the pain receptors on your tongue upon consumption.

Pain receptors! Ano ka, masochista? Ganun, girl?

Why go through the stress of actually putting yourself in distress? Huh? It just... It boggles the mind. I personally just want to go through life without causing unnecessary harm to myself. Is that too much to ask? Running after my acads to graduate on time as a Psych major puts enough pressure and anxiety on me. I don't want to do that during my free time either. Thank you very much.

Okay, besides thinking, "Man, this girl can go ooooon!" you may be wondering why I'm dunking on a specific movie genre so much. Besides getting nightmares after going to sleep, it's because I'm... sensitive. That's putting it lightly. And no, it's not because I was born during the 90s. I have a different type of sensitivity.

I, Ava Dimagiba, can sense ghosts.