Saved (Eight)

Saved (Eight)

"He knew that you guys would come looking for me," Castiel said quietly, his eyes trained down at his hands while Meg left the room to give us privacy. "I'm...I'm sorry, Dean." But I didn't know what to say, because...

How was I supposed to react?

We actually failed.

The world as we know it will be in complete and utter chaos and there was nothing we can do about it. Sam's vision was coming true and no doubt he'd think the rest of the vision would too...

The one were I go to the dark side.

"Why don't we go out for a walk?" Castiel asked suddenly and I sighed.

"Cas, I really don't-"

"Please? Just a quick walk to get the juices flowing and then we can decide what to do from there." His blue eyes begged me and I couldn't help but nod, because hell...it's not like this would change anything.

_______________________________________

"How would you like to be human again?" Death asked him and for a moment, Castiel's breathing stopped, his eyes wide in shock before he smiled ever so slightly.

"What do I have to do?" He asked him, staring up at Death with determined blue eyes. Because to be human again meant getting rid of this curse, and maybe, just maybe, Dean would love him back after it was gone, because that's what he wanted right?

To be with a human?

"Easy. Just go to this location at exactly eight o'clock and let the pieces fall as they may."

Cas frowned down at the paper the angel handed over to him, peeking up at Death from under his lashes. "That's it? Just go here?" It seemed a little too good to be true.

"Yes, that's all I need you to do. Oh, and if you could bring Dean with you-"

"No." Cas said immediately, crumbling up the paper in his hand. "I'm not gonna bring Dean to this shady ass place, even if-"

"No, you idiot. You need someone there to protect you just in case intruders arrive." Death cut him off, seeming genuine and Castiel studied the angel for a moment before glancing down at the crumbled paper in his hand.

"No one will get hurt, right?" He asked quietly and Death nodded.

"No one will get hurt. All you have to do is keep quiet and take Dean there and I'll take care of the rest."

So that's what Castiel did. He kept silent. He pretended that his conversation with Death never happened and somehow managed to drag Dean over to the location.

But Cas should've known it was a trap.

What was he thinking? Trusting the angel of Death? As if! It was like signing your own funeral, which was exactly what Cas and Dean were trying to avoid right now.

"I thought you said this was safe!" Dean snapped as they ran down the street, blood dripping down their chins from having to fend off some of the vampires that jumped them and Cas glared at him briefly before tugging Dean into an alleyway on their left.

"I thought it was too! But I was wrong, okay? I'm sorry-"

"Apologize when we aren't being chased by a group of homicidal vampires!" Dean grunted out then pointed at the fire escape for them to climb up it. Castiel followed obediently and sped up to the top, both him and Dean peeking down the roof of the building to watch as the vampires ran passed their spot and off towards another direction.