Saved (Final)

(I'd listen to the video starting at 1:05) -Cooki

Saved (Final)

"Death! Death, where are you?" I cried out, pushing myself up on shaky legs. I don't know how long I had laid there, my eyes staring at the same spot that Dean had vanished from, but I knew that I couldn't stay here. As much as I wanted to spend the rest of the day crying in my room and asking how God could be so cruel, I just couldn't be selfish anymore. It was about time that I dusted myself off and saved the world.

Cause I failed once already...I couldn't stand to fail again.

"What is it, Sam?" A voice called out from behind me and I spun around, watching as the reaper peeked at me from under his hood and if he noticed the tear streaks running down my face, he didn't show it.

"Tell me all I need to know about Alistar," I said firmly, lifting up my head and staring right into his eyes. "Tell me what I need to do." Because apparently I can't do that for myself anymore.

And he smiled at me, a glint in his eyes that I couldn't define as he stuck out his hand in front of him. "I'm glad you've finally come to your senses. We don't have much time, so we have to be quick."

And I took it, because even though I couldn't save Dean...I could save the world...right?

Right. I had to.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Cas

"I'm tailing him now as we speak," Trevor told me through the phone and I let out a sigh of relief, tightening the ropes around Bobby's wrists as I secured him to the chair. Thank God...I have never been so grateful for technology in my entire life. If I hadn't of texted Trevor I don't even know what I'd be doing right now.

"Thank you, Trev. I'm almost done here, so I'll try and catch up to you guys as soon as possible."

"Of course, I'll message you if we stop any time soon." And I was about to hang up when I heard his voice come through the phone again. "Look, uh, I know that it's probably not any of my business, but...what are we gonna do about Sam?" I paused, staring down at the hardwood floor as his words repeated in my mind.

"There's nothing we can do," I managed out, ignoring the way Bobby pulled and tugged at the rope when he thought I wasn't looking. "Dean would kill us," I sighed and Trevor sighed along with me.

"If he even wants to talk to us," he mumbled and I swallowed, my heart aching at the thought.

I never considered that Dean would leave us too.

The chair creaked and I rolled my eyes, letting my gaze flicker back over to the older man. "Look, I gotta go. We'll talk later," I told Trevor, hanging up the phone and tucking it in my pant pocket. "Stop your struggling already," I grunted out at Bobby, watching him pause his movements. "Sam should be back soon, so just be patient," I muttered, pushing myself away from him and heading towards the door.

"You don't have to do this, Castiel," Bobby said quietly and I paused, staring out the open door.

"Do what exactly?"

"This. Getting involved. I can tell you're a good person. That you care for other people and getting yourself mixed into Sam and Dean's problems...It's only going to get you killed."

And I laughed bitterly at that, a part of me wishing that I really could just die. None of this would've happened...well, none of what happened to Dean at least. "Well, jokes on you, cause I can't die," I sighed out, looking over my shoulder at him. "I'm a vampire too." And I had already been out the door when his next words made my blood run cold.

"Then how come you're still bleeding?"

____________________________________________________________________________________

Next Part: Seraph

____________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note:

So, in case there was any confusion, Death took away Castiel's vampire curse and gave it to Dean, blessing Castiel and making him into a pure human while Dean now holds twice the amount of Darkness within him. Cas doesn't know it though since Death had purposely hidden the fact away, and for all they know, Dean just snapped.

And yes, I know this was relatively short, but this IS the final chapter of Saved, because I figured that instead of Dean being the one that was saved from the curse, it should be Cas (was it as unexpected as I hoped it would be?)

I also plan on re-editing A LOT of the story when I can. It's kinda hard with college right now, but I'm definitely gonna do it eventually so yeah! (:

-Cooki