Saved (Five)

Saved  (Five)

××

There was a woman here a couple of days ago. Castiel didn't know her name and he couldn't see her face, but she promised that she'd make the pain go away, and like the desperate, beaten, bloodied vampire that he was. He believed her.

He only hoped she kept good on her word, because Castiel couldn't take the pain anymore.

He just couldn't.

××

I winced as a shot of pain went through my body, pain that meant only one thing: Cas was in trouble, and I pressed harder on the gas, trying to focus on the road rather than Meg's chattering. Especially because she kept talking about me and Cas being mates.

"Meg..." I groaned and she rolled her eyes.

"I'm just saying that there's a reason why you guys were chosen to be together," Meg huffed and when I didn't say anything in return she frowned but stayed silent. And, yeah, okay, she was right. I knew that in technical terms me and Cas were meant to be together. Hell, I even felt attracted to him (and I thought that could only happen with Sam!), but to give up everything I had with Sammy for some stranger I barely even know...it just doesn't seem right.

And plus, it was Sam. How could I not choose him?

And yet...this was Cas. My mate. And I definitely felt something with him too. God...I suddenly feel like I'm in an episode of Dr. Sexy when Drew fell in love with both Sarah and Carol.

Damn it to hell, she was making me confused with all this thinking.

"Look, let's just focus on saving Cas, okay?" I asked with a sigh and she rolled her eyes but nodded, pointing towards the sign at our right.

"Alright, you'll want to take the next exit here and drive straight, you'll see a cabin out in the distance and that's where we're going."

"A cabin?" It seemed like such a down play from the big building they had back in Jersey.

"That's exactly why Markus chose the place." Meg said as if reading my mind. Well hell.

Sam and I had it all wrong.

"And when you see Cas just...go easy on him alright?" Meg said slowly. I frowned. "He...he's been through a lot so just...humor him, okay?" And I nodded, because when Meg got all serious and touchy-feely like that, it probably meant a big deal.

So I did as she told me and bursted through the front door, ready to take on anyone and everyone, except instead of the clan of angry vampires I expected to be waiting at the other side of the door, I just saw Cas crumbled on the ground, bloodied and beaten and hell, I could barely even recognize him!

"Castiel!" I shouted, running inside and cradling him in my arms while Meg scanned the place.

The vampire whimpered softly, stirring a little and opening his blue eyes, smiling faintly at me in that dazed way of his, "I knew you'd come back for me," he croaked right before he passed out.

"Cas!"

Shit!

____________________________________________

"Just go to sleep," Trevor sighed, turning over in his bed so that he was staring at me from across the room. I grunted, tugging up my blanket over my head as I called Dean's phone again, letting out a frustrated huff when I got his voice mail.

"Sam. Chill. It's only been an hour-"

"Exactly! So why hasn't he called me back?" I snapped, throwing off my blanket to see his you're-totally-nuts look. "Look, I get it. You think I'm over reacting, but Dean never- and I mean, never- doesn't call me back." It was sort of a silent understanding. Dean answers my calls and in return I do the same.

"Man, you guys really are psychotically, irrationally, erotically codependent on each other," Trevor muttered, rolling his eyes before turning his back to me. "At least try to keep it down. It's bad enough hearing Bobby snore, I don't need a worried boyfriend added onto the list of why I can't sleep tonight," he grumbled, referring to his vampire hearing.

I scowled but nodded, leaning back in my bed and keeping my phone in my lap as I stared at the rustic wallpaper across the room. Maybe I was over reacting, but this was Dean and dammit, wherever Dean went trouble usually followed.

I just hoped he was being safe.

____________________________________________
)