Chapter Six

Mareck

Lucifer is one crazy fucking demon. Angel. I fucking don't know anymore. It's been a week since he began training me personally and I feel like I was put into one of the blender things. My bones hurt. I'm up at the ass crack of dawn and he rides me like a fucking horse till ten at night.

Venom. My sweet, sweet Venom. He's such a blessing. He rubs my soreness away, feeds me. Bathes me. And he's just there for me when I need a hug. My inspiration. My end goal. He is what I'm fighting for. A future not as a slave. A future with my mate. But Lucifer's driving me insane.

All week has been weightlifting and healthy eating. All sorts of other machines to build up stamina and endurance he says. I've ran more this week than in my entire twenty-one years of existence. I wanted to fight. To punch and kick and learn shit from him. He is the devil after all.

"I have less than three weeks before the games Lucifer. When will you start training me for real?" I asked angrily under the strain of weights I was currently lifting.

"If you can't endure then you will fail. If you can't keep up you will fall behind," he says spotting me.

"Fuck! I'm not learning anything useful lifting weights and running," I groaned.

"Listen you little fuck. I'm running this show so suck it up," he said in a hiss. I don't know where the strength came from but I tossed the weights clear across the gym and stood. I was fucking mad. Something was clawing inside me. Something was scratching to get out the more he gave me that uninterested expression.

My hands curled into claws, my body grew bigger and my gums tore as fangs protruded from them. A low snarl bubbled up my throat. Venom stared at me as I stalked closer to Lucifer who looked as if he was bored out of his mind.

I leapt at him, clothes shredding as I shifted into a tiger. I felt my bones crack and reshape. Fur covered me and a loud roar shook the room. I stalked around him looking for an opening to lunge at him.

Then most amazing smell in the entire universe assaulted my nose. Fresh mint. My anger and frustration died away instantly as another furred body touched my side. Mate.

A black panther twice my size circled me occasionally bumping my body with its nose. Shift! He commanded and I couldn't resist the authority in that command. Immediately I imagined my original form and shifted back. A shirt was placed over my lap covering my nudity as I lay on the floor of the gym.

I was so tired. My vision blurred as the panther blocked my body with his. He licked the side of my face and nuzzled my neck before he shifted. Venom was kneeling in front of me fully clothed. Huh? That's unheard of except with extremely powerful Alphas. Oh crap! I thought as blackness covered my vision.

I woke slowly to low humming and something damp resting over my forehead.

"Hi," Venom whispered.

"Hi," I whispered back.

"Wha-what happened?" I asked as I looked around. We were in our room at Ven's palace.

"You don't remember? Well you went bat shit crazy on my dad and shifted into a golden tiger," my eyes widened. Oh crap! I remember now. Lucifer probably wants to rip me apart for acting like that. Oh crap! I shifted! Into a freaking golden tiger. As soon as I thought it I felt a stirring inside me. He's still there!

"Close your eyes and concentrate on connecting with him," Venom murmured in my ear as he stroked my arm. I took a deep breath and did as he said.

"Now imagine being with him. Feel his strength. Listen to his heartbeat. His soft fur under your hands," Venom coached and my breath caught in my throat as my tiger came into view. I imagined us in a field. Me sitting on a rock, warm breeze blew my hair.