Chapter Eight

Venom

I felt my father's power put a barrier between me and the representatives.

A soft touch to my cheek. The smell of fresh rainfall. Warm breath fanned over my ear and all my rage disappeared.

"It's alright mate. I'm not going anywhere," I melted from those words.

I shifted back to my demon form, "You will release my mate from fighting in Hell's Pit and he will be staying with me. Until the end of time," I said glaring at each and every one of the representatives.

I pulled a fully clothed Mareck onto my lap. Huh? He shifted back, he's 'sposed to be buck assed naked. My wizard of a brother, always looking out for me. Thanks I mouthed to Murdha. He nodded in response.

"We can't release your mate unless he either goes with us or mates with you. And since he's not mated then that means he doesn't accept you as such, Demon," the rat looking fuck says with a stupid smirk.

"I accept Venom as my mate. The only reason we haven't mated yet is because I want to save him the pain of losing his mate if I fall in the arena," Mareck says gripping my hand.

"Oh? Um... Well you know once a slave or omega mates they take the status of their mate. So if you two do a proper mating ceremony then Mareck automatically becomes a Prince of Hell," the only woman in the group speaks up. The rest of them glared at her.

"All Mareck has to do is find somebody to take his place at the games and everything will be fine," she grits out glaring equally at her comrades.

"Seriously? That's all?" I asked just to make sure.

"Yes."

"No," the rat bastard said loudly.

"Um.. What about council meetings? The boy has to be present for those," he awkwardly cleared his throat when my brothers stared hard at him.

"Mareck can show up to meetings. He doesn't have to live in our realm. You freaking know that. Ugh! You are all selfish bastards. Leave the boy be. He deserves happiness. The universe alone knows why we even still have slavery," the woman speaks up with a disgusted look on her face.

All I got was that Mareck would be free once we mate and he has to show up to their stupid council meetings every once in a while. So now I just gotta bed my mate and everything would be fine and dandy.

"Can my replacement be anybody?" Mareck asked and shit, I forgot about that.

Mareck

I was really happy Venom's brother is a wizard. I'd hate to be naked in front of so many people. I was currently trying to figure out if my friend Tate, who is also an omega can compete. I think he'd have a good chance. He's a good fighter. A bit blood thirsty but he's great.