Lost Stars

LOST STARS

Chapter 2

"How do I look?" Becca asked me standing in front of the mirror.

She was wearing a tight, black dress which was bedazzled at the top and went mid-thigh. Her blonde hair fell like a waterfall down to her waist.

"Marvelous! I bet Adam Levine would instantly fall in love with you and swipe you off your feet."

"Ha-ha very funny, but I'll take it as a compliment nonetheless."

"You're weird" I said while finishing my eye make-up.

I wore a pastel pink lace dress that was tight at the top but flared down to my knees. It was my favorite dress. I had natural waves so I just let my hair down even though Becca strongly suggested-and by strongly I mean forcefully told me-to style it. I paired the dress up with my pink ballet flats.

"You look something out of candy land" Becca said eyeing me down.

"Why thank you Bec" I gave her an exaggerated smile. She just rolled her eyes in return and we both started laughing.

"I haven't been so excited since high school you know" she said.

"Yeah it feels like ages since we went to a concert, I mean we are in our twenties! We should do this more often. Although next time tone it down with the sarcasm" I joked.

"Love, sarcasm is my middle name" she said in a mock British accent. I shook my head in return. Who needs a normal best friend!

Becca George and I have been friends since high school. The first time I met her was in freshmen year. She was a transfer student and we got those rarely since our school was a small one so the rumor spread pretty quick about a new student. I was unfortun..well fortunately late that day. I rushed in class to see this girl wearing acid washed denims and an over sized T-shirt topped with a baseball cap, with her I-don't-give-a-crap-about-the-world attitude sitting in my seat. At first I thought I had walked in the wrong class because my usual seat was taken. Well the rest is history, lets just say it was a start to a bumpy, nasty, but in the end worthy friendship.

She eventually got over her tomboy phase though and started the drama queen one which she apparently never got over and probably never will.

"C'mon we'll be late!!" she gripped my arm.

"Calm down these things start late anyway" I said doing a once over in the mirror.

"I don't want to be late to a concert we have VIP passes to. Besides just 'cause you have personally met Adam doesn't mean we all have" she whined.

Becca was sort of grumpy about the whole Adam Levine showing up at my door. She wasn't grumpy that he came, she was grumpy about the fact that I didn't call her up immediately and told her the whole thing and also for not taking an autograph.

"I DONT WANT TO MISS THIS" she yelled.

"Alright drama queen, let's go!" I said throwing my hands in the air.

We got in her old but cute Beetle. Our very own Herbie! She got this as a present from her mother on her 18th birthday because she was so obsessed with that movie.

"Wohoo let's get this show on the road!!"

With that we went full speed ahead. It was a half an hour drive to the arena and all through the way Becca belted out Maroon 5 songs in her terrible off-key voice. Don't get me wrong I loved Becca and she was like a sister to me but her singing voice could definitely injure, if not kill people.