Won't Go Home Without You

WON'T GO HOME WITHOUT YOU

Chapter 8

As the last song of the night ended the crowd erupted in cheers. It was a wonderful concert and I enjoyed every moment of it. Now I dreaded what was to come, I had to go backstage and introduce Adam to Mark and he would easily recognize him from the beach earlier.

My hands started getting clammy and I retracted my hand from Mark's.

"Let's go backstage" he yelled over the crowd, not noticing my pale face. He pulled me through the crowd and as we came near to the backstage enterance, I stopped walking pulling him to a halt.

"What's wrong? C'mon" he tried again.

"I'm feeling queasy" I told him with tears almost threatening to fall.

"Whoa, why are you crying?" he came closer to study my face.

"I can't go, I'm not feeling well" it was the truth, I felt like I was being weighed down by a thousand tons and I couldn't go through with the plan. I couldn't break anyone's heart tonight, it was too much for me.

"Please take me out of here" A tear rolled down my right cheek.

"Alright, just don't cry, we'll go home" He put an arm around me and pulled me closer to his side.

As we walked away from the venue, I felt awful. I was fighting an internal battle and I wanted to do the right thing, the rational thing but my heart was winning over my mind. All the things Adam did for me, I couldn't even repay him.

I quickly sent a text to Adam as Mark hailed a taxi for us.

Me: I'm sorry I can't see you tonight, the concert was lovely and I really enjoyed it. I was feeling a little queasy so I'm going back to the hotel.

I didn't get a reply back and I didn't expect to either. Adam must be busy with the fans and all and even if he read it I wouldn't expect him to reply to my rude behaviour. I knew that he was a nice person but I felt like I just kept pushing my luck with him. Heck, even I would be angry if someone did that to me.

My phone buzzed in my lap and my heart skipped a beat but when I saw the caller I.D, I felt a bit dissapointed but relieved at the same time. It was Becca calling. I knew why she was calling. She wanted to know if I had gone through with the plan, if I introduced Mark to Adam but I chickened out. I couldn't deal with her right now so I shut off my phone.

When we got back to the hotel, the first thing I did was hop in the shower. The warm water would help me clear my mind and calm me down. I wanted to just go to bed after the shower. My mind was so tired from all the drama lately in my life.

I changed into loose shorts and Mark's oversized T-shirt. I turned on my phone to see if Adam had left any messages. There were 5 messages from him and the last one made my heart leap in my throat. It read:

Adam the hot popstar: Reece please pick up your phone. I hope you're okay. I'm coming over to the hotel right now to check up on you.

He texted me that 5 minutes ago and it took 20 minutes to drive from the venue to the hotel if I was quick enough I could still stop him. I raced over to the balcony and hit the call button.

RING RING

RING RING

Please pick up.

RING RING

RING RI...

"Reece are you okay!? I'll be there in 10 minutes!" He spoke with a hint of worry in his voice.