A Lie Of A Life.

Chapter 9:

Amber's POV:

I wake up with my head on Damian's chest and his arms around me.

"Good morning baby", he says then kisses me. That was definitely the best birthday ever and best day.

"Morning", I say as I snuggle into his chest more. He moves my ass closer to him.

"Amber I never told you how long I've been in love with you for".

"How long?"

"Ever since I met you". I smile, wow that's a lot of years.

"But you've never noticed me before or talked to me".

"I've always noticed you, when you weren't looking I would watch you, when you smiled, laughed, giggled. I knew you were mine from the day we met. I could never tell you because Devon would have me killed, but now we can be together".

"Why can we be now?" I ask.

"Because-" he stops. I look at him with worry. "You're my mate", he whispers, as he takes my hand. Huh?! I'm your what?

"What do you mean?"

"Amber I know you're not going to believe me when I tell you this but it's the truth, I'm a werewolf". I laugh at his joke.

"Yeah and I'm a unicorn". He chuckles.

"Well you were very horny last night, get it". I laugh. Haha very funny, because unicorns have horns.

"Not funny, Damian".

"But seriously I am a werewolf, I can prove it by showing you".

"Okay then, show me". He puts on his boxers and gets out of the bed.

"When I turn, don't be afraid I'm not going to hurt you".

"Okay Damian you're taking the joke a little too far".

"You may think this is a joke but you'll see in a minute and like I said a second ago don't be afraid, okay? I'm not going to hurt you, I would never hurt you".

"Alright then, show me wolfie". I hear a snapping sound as if bones were cracking. Damian gets taller, his muscles bulge and he starts bending over like an animal. Then a second later I see a tall, dark black wolf with dark brown eyes. I almost fell out of the bed with fear. There's a fucking wolf in the room. And Damian is that wolf! How, there's no such thing as werewolves! There can't be and yet there was one standing in front of me. I put the covers around me and go straight for the door. Damian turns back into him and goes over to me.

"Hey baby it's okay. I said I'm not going to hurt you, don't worry", he says, stroking my cheek.

"Get the fuck away from me Damian", I yell.

"Baby-"

"Don't call me that", I shout. His expression goes hurt and upset. This explains the growling. I see my clothes a few feet away. I go over to them and grab them then walk into the bathroom. I put them on quick and look at the necklace I was still wearing. Wolf? He gave me it because he's a wolf. And it just so happens wolves are my favourite animals, ironic huh? I go out of the bathroom and find Damian dressed. I go back to his bedroom door and unlock it.

"Amber don't go", he pleads.

"Just leave me alone", I say.

"Amber I love you, please don't go". I start to cry, I love him too....but he's a wolf, this is complicated. I just can't....

"Well I don't love monsters". I can't believe I called the person I love a monster.

"You think I'm a monster?" he says softly. "You think werewolves are monsters? So that means you think your whole family and friends are monsters? Did you know you'll eventually be a monster too".