Alec.

Chapter 23:

Amber's POV:

"Amber, come on, we have to leave now," Damian orders, placing his hands on my waist from the behind as he turns me around.

"I don't want to go," I mutter.

"Why not?" Damian asks intrigued. "Do you feel some morning sickness again?"

"No, I just don't want everyone to see me and my...belly," I sigh as I remember all the stares I got last time in school. It was two days ago and news spreads fast in my school so everyone probably knows by now which is something I wish didn't have to happen.

"If they say anything mean I'll just beat the hell out of them, I promise."

"I don't want you getting into fights, Mr Alpha. So if people say things you stay quiet and keep your anger inside. Got it?"

"But, baby-"

"No buts, I said no fights and they'll be no fights or else I'll get into a fight with you."

"Like you'd win against me," he smirks.

"I did before once, I could do it again."

"Not with this in the way, you're not allowed fight," he reminds, poking my belly, "I'm the Alpha as you stated earlier so I'm the boss."

"Asshole," I mumble.

"School, now," he commands. I stick my tongue out at him while crossing my arms so he knows I'm not going so he lifts me off my feet bride style. I start to protest so he says, "It's okay, I've got you. I won't let you fall."

"I know that, I want you to let me down. I'm not going."

"Amber, no one will say anything. I promise you, honey. I'll protect you if anything happens." The thought of someone trying to hurt me and the Alpha's unborn children didn't occur to me yet. But now that it has, I definitely don't want to go to school. I don't want a werewolf to harm my babies, it's my job to look after them and keep them safe and that's just what I'm going to do. So in order to do that I need to stay home.

"I'm staying put. Now let me down, Damian, seriously," I demand.

"Please, Amber," he begs. I make a prolonged sigh and nod my head.

"Fine." He smiles with content and lets me down. "Let's go then." He tangles his fingers in mine as we walk out to the car after saying goodbye to the others. Hannah, Jason and Rachel get in the car behind us.

"Is everything okay with you two?" Jason asks, looking with concern at us.

"It is, right?" Damian asks for confirmation. "Are you mad at me?"

"No, I could never be mad at you. I know I have to go to school, I'm just worried about people saying things or doing anything, that's all," I answer.

"Don't be worrying, honey. I'll get the pack to listen to anything they say about us," he assures. "Then I'll sort them out."

"Violence isn't the answer. You know I don't like you getting into fights with other people, especially other packs," I note.

"I know but this is what us Alphas have to do. If someone says anything about my family or pack then they'll pay, I won't let them mess with the people I love like that and get away with it. So please, just let me do my job, I won't do anything too bad," he promises.

"Okay, but please just promise me you'll tell me what you're going to do before you do it," I request. He nods in agreement then starts the car for our ride to school. After the journey he enters the school driveway and parks in the car-park. Damian flits out of the car with his werewolf speed and opens my door before I can even open it. He smiles and helps me out like a gentleman. "Thanks, baby." He walks me into the school, holding onto me by the waist. When some people start to stare he only tightens his grip on me as if holding in his anger. Good Damian. He's doing what I said.