The Test.

Chapter 14:

Amber's POV:

Damian's mother, Marie was walking into another room as I enter the house. She notices me walk in and flits up to me.

"Amber? What are you doing here honey? Are you okay?" she asks.

"Devon dropped me home because I got sick", I explain.

"Aw honey, you come over to the couch and rest, I'll get you a hot water bottle and some pillows and blankets". She hugs me and helps me to the couch. Damian's parents have really bonded with me these past six weeks, they're really nice and I love them so much. They're like the coolest parents ever besides from mine. She leaves me on the couch when she goes to get the blankets and pillows. She comes back with the pillows and puts them behind my head and pulls the blanket over me. Two minutes later she comes back in with the hot water bottle and I put it on my stomach. "How are you feeling now, honey?"

"A lot better". I give her a weak smile and she smiles back.

"Want something to eat or drink? Hot chocolate?"

"Oh my god, yes please". She chuckles and goes to get it. She does the best hot chocolate ever. A few pack members come in the room while she's gone.

"Hi Amber, what are you doing here?" one of them asks.

"She's sick", Marie says, coming back in the room with the hot chocolate. She passes me it and I take a lovely warm sip. She had marshmallows and cream on top. Most of the pack member's had kids because most werewolves have children young. I don't know why, they just do. I guess it just sort of happens.

"Aw poor Amber, you've been sick a while now", another one says. I sigh as I nod. One of the pack member's child comes up to me with their teddy. They looked like four or five, he was very cute and had his mother's eyes and father's hair and face. I think his name was Logan if I remember correctly.

"Amber, do you want to play with me and teddy?" Logan asks. Aw he's so cute, I love kids.

"Logan, Amber wants to rest. Don't be bugging her", his father, Joe says. Joe was around 24 and his mate Cassandra was like 23. They would have been teenagers when they had him.

"I'm sorry Amber", Logan says.

"It's fine Logan, I would play but I don't want to get you sick too", I say.

"Maybe it's better if you all leave and let Amber sleep", Marie says. The pack members nod and go to the front door.

"Get better Amber", they say as they go out the door. I laugh softly. I rest my head back and close my eyes. I imagine what it would be like if I was pregnant. Would I still live here and be going out with Damian? Would he leave me and make me get an abortion? I would never kill my own baby. I fall asleep as I think about it. When I wake up Damian was there beside me, looking at me. I hate making him worry. I must have been asleep long if school's over.

"Hey baby", he says softly.

"I'm sorry about earlier".

"No need to apologise, I was surrounding you too much and not giving you any space. If you want I can lay off a while, I don't want to make you upset".

"You're not making me upset, I want your company. You make me feel loved, safe and protected. I don't want you to leave me ever".

"Good because I never want to leave your side", he takes my hand and squeezes it. I wonder if he'll still say those words after I tell him we might be expecting.

"Can we talk upstairs?" I ask.

"What about?" he asks curiously.

"I need to tell you something important", I whisper. He looks at me with more concern.