Chapter Five: Passion Radiation

They pushed the sofa and coffee table out of the way, collected all the pillows and blankets they could, and made a small island of cushions on the floor. Rory put on her favourite television show and popped some popcorn to snack on. Unfortunately, it's quite hard to pay attention to the tv whilst having a popcorn fight.

"But I don't understand, how does this Sherlock know so many things that other mortals do not?"

She laughed and tossed a piece of popcorn into his open mouth. "It's quite hard to know such things when you aren't paying attention half the time!"

"Well if I recall correctly, you weren't paying attention either!"

"I've already seen the season twice, I don't count." She stood up and started collecting the dropped popcorn from the mass of blankets on the floor. "But every kernel counts, so help me pick them up so you don't wake up with one embedded in your back "

He happily helped, checking under each pillow to ensure their mess was cleaned up.

He snuck up behind Rory when she was throwing away the popcorn and whispered in her ear "we have everything cleaned up, now come to bed with me."

She giggled and quickly ran to their fort and leapt into the heap of cushiness. Loki was not far behind, collapsing next to her and situating himself so that she was wrapped safe in his capable arms. His body next to hers warmed her in the cold air of the living room.

"It's getting late" she whispered.

Loki smiled, "I'm not tired." He propped his head up on his hand.

"Good thing I'm not either." She yawned and her eyes began to droop.

"Go to sleep, Rory. You have work in the morning so you'll have to wake up early."

She groaned, "But I want to stay up with you!"

"You know you have to work. I'll be right here waiting for you when you get home. I promise."

She scrunched up her nose, "okay, you win. I'll go to sleep if you tell me a bedtime story."

Loki laughed.

"I'm being completely serious!" She defended herself, "I want you to tell me a story about Asgard or something."

"Okay." He relaxed and Rory turned over. Loki told her stories his mother told him as a child as he traced the pictures on her exposed back. She was asleep in an instant, leaving Loki alone.

His mind quickly wandered to the future; where did things go from here? He was still a god, and therefore, he was still immortal. He knew he would outlive Rory far beyond her time. She would die and leave him alone. He had to stand back and watch her age while his body remained youthful. Was he willing to risk it?

~•~

Christmas soon came. It snowed and the chill of the cold air made their noses bright red. The happy young couple went out and bought a beautiful tree, and decorated it together to the sounds of Bing Crosby and Nat King Cole. They cuddled on the couch and told tales of the glories of Christmases long, long ago, as one of the carols sang. The morning of Christmas, there was a thick blanket of snow covering the entire city. They both had the day off, which they used to go ice skating and see the large tree in Times Square. They enjoyed New Years by watching the parade from their balcony covered in a heavy blanket and toasting with thermoses of hot cocoa.

Through the next few weeks, they found a routine. Rory would work, Loki found different hobbies to occupy himself with, Rory returned home and they had dinner with talk of this new world Loki occupied and of the world he once did. In return, Rory would speak of her past and her experiences. With every world they spoke to each other, they fell more in love. With every kiss, every touch, every night, the bond between them grew stronger.

A month or so after Christmas, Loki got a job at the library. Working did not suit him, but he grew to know that in order to thrive on Earth, he would need a job to earn money and buy the necessary objects needed to survive. He understood this, and took it to heart.

Rory, on the other hand, had taken on the hobby of music. She started playing the guitar again, and she wrote songs she crudely would record on her computer. Loki made her perform for him at home, and he soon knew the words to every one she played, singing along. Everything was perfect.

~•~

"Good morning sunshine!" Rory singsonged from her closet.

"Good morning my dear Rory who shouldn't be awake so early on a weekend." He groggily shouted back. She emerged from her closet wearing only a loose white tank top and some undergarments. Loki couldn't help but notice how beautiful she was. He could see the faint yet prominent outline of her navy bra under the shirt, and her hair was tousled gently in her morning bustle. He got up out of bed and walked over to her and kissed her good morning. He rested his hands on her waist and played with the hem of her shirt. She pulled away and he slowly peeled it off; he couldn't help himself.

He stared at her in awe. Her vulnerability was imminent; her small body was submissive to his and her blue eyes glowed with the light of morning. Her skin was soft to his touch and there was an aura of serenity around them.

Rory bit her lip. She looked up to meet his asking gaze. Loki replied by crashing his lips against hers with a fervor unmatched by any mortal. Her body was submissive yet still salacious, the soft curves of her body warm against his strong hands. Loki slipped his tongue into the kiss, forcing a lascivious moan from Rory.  He was madly in love with her, and he wanted to prove it to her. They moved back over the bed.

Rory swung one leg over so she straddled his waist without breaking the kiss. Her hands moved up beneath his grey tee and caressed his chest. She slipped it swiftly over his head and, in return, he moved his hands over her sides, stomach, and they found a place on her bosom, massaging each breast and unclasping her bra without hesitance. She tossed it aside and pushed him over so she was lying on top of him.

Her hands slowly moved lower, over his abdomen and teasing at the hem of his boxers. Her hand moved lower to the bulge in his pants. Loki moaned with pleasure. She pressed the heel of her palm in and he moaned even louder.

He took control and flipped her over, pinning her hands above her head. He placed kisses trailing from her plump lips around to her neck. He let go of her hands and held her closer by the waist. She moved her hands to his back, gripping his skin as he bit and sucked on her soft spot.

"Loki..." She moaned and trailed off as he moved inbetween her legs, moving his hands down them as they came within his grasp.

“When did you get so good at this?” she breathed.

He kissed her lips softly, “Perks of being a god.” He smiled at her sincerely, and ripped off her underwear in one movement.

She blushed a shade of light pink.

"I love you, Rory." He confessed.

She nodded her head, "I love you too."

And he made love to her. It was passionate, meaningful and gentle, naturally perfect. Her touch radiated through his body with waves of pleasure, and Loki then knew he loved her more than anything or anyone, and her feelings for him were the same. The bliss they both experienced was undeniable.