Chapter Six: Desperation

"Is this the office of Ms. Sigyn?"

"Yes, come on in and have a se-" she looked up and was taken aback by the face of the man who ruined her life.

He arrogantly strode in her office, sat in a chair and put his feel on her glass desk.

"Get your filthy feet off my desk."

He frowned and stood up, shoving his chair across the room.

"Happy?"

She stared him up and down, horrified. He was the last man she wanted to see. She backed away from him.

"Scared of me, little lion?"

"You have no right to be here. And call me little lion again and I'll beat your sorry ass right here, right now." She furiously snapped back. "You left when I needed you, Vindler. You left me and your daughter alone!"

He took a bold step towards her, his grey eyes narrowing and his dirty red hair falling over them.

"Listen here-"

"No!" Rory protested. "I've had enough of your shit. Get out."

"No need to get mouthy, little lion!" He put his hands up in surrender. "I just want to talk to you over a drink. That's all I'm asking."

Rory was skeptical of this man who had deceived her. "What are you up to? How did you find me?"

"Calm down lit-"

Rory cut him short with a glare like knives through his sentence.

"... Rory. I just want to discuss things. We'll go to the bar and talk like civilized citizens."

"What about?"

He smirked. "Just wanna catch up. Haven't seen you in a while, and I left on a bad note. I wanna patch things up."

"It's been four years!" She shouted angrily at his face. .

"Give me a half hour! I promise I'll leave you alone!" He pleaded her.

She saw the desperation in his despicable eyes, and agreed to meet up the next day.

Meanwhile, Loki had been saving up. He took the money he made from his small job and set it aside to use on a later date. The money he had saved over the course of time accumulated. He wanted to do something nice for Rory, as she had done so much for him, and he finally settled on a gift fit for his lover.

~•~

"Loki I'm meeting a friend for lunch today " she cringed at the fact she had to reference him as a 'friend.'

"Alright. Have fun, I'll be milling about town today so I may not be home until after you return." He stated before he kissed her goodbye. "I love you."

She blushed. "I love you more. Bye!" She shut the door and anxiously made her way to the bar where she was meeting Vindler. He was waiting for her with two beers in front of him.

"Sit down. Lets catch up." He chatted her up for a few minutes then was silent. Rory started o feel dizzy; her mind clouded with thoughts she would never think and her impulses became stronger and stronger until the urge to fling herself at anything overtook her. She found herself being walked to her apartment, and the rest was a blur.

~•~

Loki had collected his earnings and set out to begin the walk to Tiffany's. When he arrived, he stood in awe of the breathtaking chandelier and the array of jewels set out for buyers to gawk at. There were diamond earring, pearl necklaces, gold watches, but none of these appealed to him. He was looking for something different, something far more unique than the typical jewelry.