Prologue

I walk up to the Salvatore Boarding House and knock. When I get no answer, I barge right in. I mean, they haven't seen me in about 150 years. I don't think they'll care if I knock.

I walk into the living room of the large house and that's when I see him: Damon standing naked covered in soap suds. I gawk at him. I know a pervert move on my part.

Damon was smirking when he came out, but now his smile drops in surprise. "Bree? I thought you were..."

"Damon!" shrieks a tan girl with long, brown hair. It takes me a second, but I recognize her. Katherine.

I pounce on the girl and pin her to the floor. "We had a deal, Kat! I don't tell a soul you aren't trapped in that tomb and you stay away from Stefan and Damon!" I snarl.

Someone pulls me off of her and I turn to see Damon restraining me. At least he put on a towel. "Why were you strutting around naked in front of her! She's the one who shot you!" I scream, trying to break free from his grasp.

"Aubrey meet Elena. Elena meet Aubrey. Elena is Katherine's doppelganger," explains Damon, stroking my hair in a succeeded attempt to relax me.

"I thought the doppelganger was killed in the sacrifice!" I exclaim. I'm good friends with Klaus, or used to be before he dragged Stefan on that road trip, and I know for a fact little Elena is dead.

"Well, sorta. Elena's friend Bonnie worked her magic and saved her."

"This is great. We can trade Elena for Stefan!"

"We can't do that. Stefan would never forgive you. Elena and Stefan..." Damon trails off.

"He's my boyfriend!" pipes in Elena.

Oh, great! First Katherine, now Elena. What's the deal with them? "Wonderful! Next you're going to say Damon likes you too," I say sarcastically. They both freeze up and I groan. Déjà vu much? "Really? I feel like I'm watching a rerun of a crappy soap opera!"

"I'm going to go get ready for my birthday party," Elena says awkwardly, running off.

Once she's gone, Damon glares at me, "Bree, where have you been all this time? Stefan and I thought you were dead or in the tomb! We even opened the tomb looking for you!"

"No, you didn't. You opened that tomb looking for Kat. I saw you mope around for her all those years. I always wondered if your love for her was compelled, but I've known for a long time now it wasn't."

"Why are you even here?" he yells and I can feel my heart breaking.

"I came for Stefan. He needs me. Without Lexi to help him, I'm the only person he has left."

"He has me. You have me."

His words make my heart and body ache for him, but I know what he says isn't true. "I lost you the moment I left Mystic Falls, Damon and we both know it."

"I've had enough of this bull crap, Bree! I heard what you told me before you left, so don't act like what I feel is one-sided!"

He's right. I love him more than anyone, but I can't fall back into him. It's been too long. I saw the way he looked at Elena. No matter how much he wants to deny it, he loves her not me. "Damon, I will forever love you, but it's been too long. You love Elena, Damon. I see the way you look at her. It's the same way you used to look at me in the 1800s. I'm sorry that right now she's with Stefan, but if she's smart she'll come around."

"Bree..."

"No, this is everything I've ever wanted for you. To find love again. Nothing makes me happier." It kills me to say that, but it's true. I want Damon to be happy even if it's not with me.

I kiss him on the cheek and start walking towards the door. "Get your clothes on and let's go find Stefan."

A.N. This is the prologue for Ripped Away's sequel His Heart Belongs To Another! Yay!!! I should have chapter 1 up soon since like Ripped Away this book's chapters with be short. Please comment what you think and vote!!! :)