Chapter 3- Mysterious, Hot Stranger

My head pounds as I wake up in an unfamiliar place. Scratch that. This place is very familiar I just would rather choose to forget its existence.

I'm in Gloria's Bar in Chicago lying on a table. I stare at the ceiling aimlessly when someone suddenly blocks my view. I groan.

"Nice to see you're awake, Aubrey," says no other than Niklaus Mikaelson.

"Oh, Klaus. I had hoped by now your father would have tracked you down and wiped that smirk right off your face," I growl.

He just laughs my remark off. "I see you have yourself a nasty werewolf bite there, love." Klaus points happily at my neck.

I want to throw out so many curse words at him right now, but I decide against it. "I know how this works. You'll offer me a trade. Your blood cure for something you want from me. So what is it?"

"You," he says sheepishly.

"What?" I ask shocked. I must have heard him wrong.

"Don't play stupid, Aubrey," he growls, moving towards me. I'm still sitting on a table. He grabs my wrist roughly and shoves me down on the table.

Before I can comprehend what's happening, Klaus climbs onto the table and hovers over me. I stare at him, memories of our past surging forward.

Then he kisses me making everything I've tried so hard to forget hit me like a semi-truck.

***Flashback***

It's 1920 in Chicago. My heart races as I follow Stefan into the bar. I told myself I'd stay out of the brothers' lives, but it proved harder than I thought. Stefan is off the rails and I owe it to Lexi to help out.

I walk into the bar to see Gloria singing on stage. She smirks at me knowingly eyeing Stefan. Gloria hops off the stage and walks towards me.

"What you doing here, girly?" she asks, pushing me into the back room where the drinks are prepared.

"Wanted to see my bestie sing," I lie, trying to walk past her.

"We both know you're still hung up on the Salvatore brothers," Gloria tells me, blocking my path.

"It really is none of your business, Gloria," I growl, extending my fangs.

"I usually don't mingle with vampire issues, but you're different. I remember when you came to me years ago regarding your birth parents. You were such a sweet, young girl. What happened?"

"Things change when you can't change," I say bitterly, barging past her. I did come to Gloria at one time trying to track down my family line. The visit was a waste and not long after I gave up. I've given up on everything; everything but Damon and Stefan. They are the only thing keeping me from giving up my humanity again.

I strut over to the bar and take a seat at a stool. A man sits down beside me and winks at the girl bartender. I groan. Some men are so arrogant.

After the girl brings him his drink, he turns to me. "Well, aren't you a pretty, little thing."

"And aren't you confident with yourself," I remark, standing up from my stool.

The stranger grabs my arm. "Won't you have a drink with me?"

I laugh at him. "No."

"Why?"

"No self-respecting woman would."

The man growls lowly. "You better watch your mouth."

"Yeah, no." With that, I release my aching fangs and hiss at him.

He smiles at me. "I knew something was special about you."

I retract my fangs and stare dumbfounded.

"You didn't notice I was lacking a human heartbeat?" he asks in disbelief.

"I'm getting lazy." I shrug.

"You've got a lot of attitude for such a young thing," he notices.

"I'm not as young as I look."

"Well, I guarantee I've been around a lot longer."

I laugh and take a sip of my drink. "So, what's your name?"

"Ah, ah, ah," he says, shaking his finger in my face. "Why spoil the mystery? Wouldn't it be so much hotter to say you hooked up with a mysterious, hot stranger?"

And like that I ended up in only my bra and undies in a storage closet.

***End of Flashback***

I pull away from Klaus's lips to see him grinning ear to ear. "How'd you do that?" I breath out heavily and awestruck.

"I'm a very powerful vampire, Aubrey," he reminds me. "That and Gloria taught me some tricks."

"I'm surprised you gave me any credit." I look over to see Gloria walk out of the kitchen doors with Stefan behind her.

"Stefan?"

My best friend looks over at me, but no emotion registers on his face.

"Oh, yes," Klaus says. "You always were so tied up with the Salvatore brothers. Just like Katerina, but between you and me you were always more fun."

I blush under his heated gaze. "So, are you going to heal this?" I ask, pointing to the blistering werewolf bite.

"If you take me up on my offer."

"What happened to the guy who wouldn't even tell me his name?" I ask. "That guy saw me as a fast bang. We're nothing more than that, Klaus."

Klaus sighs. "You're still wrapped up in Damon Salvatore I suppose?"

I nod. "Love doesn't just vanish."

"Oh, believe me I know," he mumbles.

Before I can ask him to elaborate, he bites his wrist so that blood drips down his forearm. He extends it to me.

I don't hesitate and sink my fangs into his awaiting flesh.