Chapter 4- A Different Aubrey

After Klaus healed me, I raided Gloria's alcohol supply. While Klaus was distracted with Gloria, I studied Stefan hoping the booze coursing through my bloodstream would spark some ideas.

How am I supposed to get a Ripper to turn on their humanity? As much as it kills me to say, I think the only person to flip his switch would be Elena. Like I said, love doesn't just vanish. Even if you are a humanity lacking, vampire Ripper on a road trip with a sociopath.

I watch as Stefan walks behind the bar to get his own drink. I stay seated on my stool.

Stefan approaches a framed picture on Gloria's wall. "What's this?" he asks Klaus. The dusty photo shows Klaus and Stefan in Chicago.

"You and me, obviously," Klaus says annoyed, zeroing his attention back on Gloria.

"Why don't I remember you then?"

"You said it yourself. That time had lots of dark holes."

"If you knew me why haven't you said anything?"

"Stefan, I'm busy," Klaus growls, pointing at Gloria.

"Tell me what's going on," Stefan demands.

"We didn't get along at first. I blame it on my sister," Klaus says vaguely, but I know what he means.

I groan and Klaus winks at me. "You always blame everything on Bekah."

Klaus laughs. "I suppose I do."

"Who's your sister? Did I know her?" Stefan asks.

"Rebekah would not be pleased you don't remember her. I need my little sister for something anyway. Let's go wake her up and see if she jogs your memory," Klaus suggests, walking out of the bar.

I decide to follow Klaus and Stefan to go wake up Rebekah. She is after all my favorite Original.

We arrive at a warehouse where Klaus leads us to a row of coffins. I know for a fact they all include his daggered family.

Klaus approaches one of the coffins and props it open. We all stare down at a desiccated Rebekah still wearing her gorgeous flapper dress. Bekah looks beautiful as ever even if she is grey and daggered. I always was jealous of the only female Original. Men always fell at her feet.

Klaus yanks the dagger from Bekah's chest and pockets it nonchalantly. I don't understand why he puts up this noncaring front around everyone and especially towards his little sister. I know for a fact Klaus is the overprotective big brother type and loves Rebekah with every ounce of his undead heart.

Klaus leans over Rebekah's coffin whispering in her ear. "Time to wake up, little sister." He pauses for a second waiting for her to jolt awake. Nothing happens. "Any day now," he says getting annoyed. He always was known for his short temper.

"I think she may still have a grudge against you for daggering her," I say, leaning against her coffin.

Klaus sighs ignoring me. "She's being dramatic as per usual."

Stefan joins in with Klaus's short temperedness. "Why not just tell me what the hell is going on?" he exclaims. And these two think Bekah's being dramatic. "I mean, you obviously want me here for a reason," Stefan blabbers on.

Klaus smirks at this. He sees Stefan's memory loss as some fun game. I remember the last time he used that smirk. Back in Chicago when he was trying to toy with my heart strings. "You have many useful talents, Stefan," he rants on.

"Do I?" Stefan asks, faking disbelief.

Klaus nods rounding the edge of the coffin. "I learned some of my favorite tricks from you."

I sigh. So many unneeded trips down memory lane with these two. They always were trying to compete with Bekah and me back in the '20s when it came to friendships. These two fools claimed they were superior best friends compared to Bekah and me. Let's just say they failed.

Stefan wouldn't remember any of this though. Klaus compelled him when he and Rebekah fled town. I guess he couldn't bring himself to compel me. I may be to blame for Klaus compelling Stefan in the first place though. I didn't want Stefan to know I was alive back in the '20s so Klaus compelled him to think I was a different Aubrey with no relation to his best friend from his past human life.

Klaus and Stefan start to walk down the aisles of the warehouse so I follow mutely behind. No need to intrude on their best friend bonding. It doesn't make me the slightest bit jealous about their friendship. Stefan will always be my best friend first.

We get towards the exit when Klaus stalls turning towards Stefan. "I was your number one fan," he says fondly. What a suck up.

Klaus then turns to a guard man compelling him. "When she wakes, tell her to meet us at Gloria's Bar. Then volunteer your carotid artery and let her feed until you die."

The guard man nods, never once speaking, and walks off.

Klaus turns back to the exit and walks out.

"Where are you going?" Stefan shouts after him.

"You think I'm lying, don't you, Stefan? You and I knew each other. All four of us knew each other. You trusted me with one of your secrets and I'm taking you somewhere I can prove that."

"Where?"

"We're going to visit your old apartment," Klaus replies simply and continues walking.