Chapter 8: The Rents

I sat upright and scooted away from him. That came out of no where.

"Why?" I asked, clenching my hands together.

"I've met your dad. It's only fair you meet mine," he replied. He sat up and crossed his legs, mimicking me.

The thing about Levi is he's always surprising me. He says things that make me feel different about him. I can't figure him out and he knows it.

"You're going to make me go even if I say no, aren't you?" I groaned.

"If you don't want to you don't have to. But you will eventually," he smirked. His confidence was annoying.

"Why do you do this to me?" I sighed.

"Do what?" He smiled.

"You make me feel bad about not meeting your parents even though you're totally fine with it. You're using psychology on me," I said.

"Abs, you over think everything. Do you want to meet my parents or not?" He laughed.

"Fine, yes. Take me to your parents," I said.

*************

Levi hovered his hand over the small of my back while we went to his front door. I could feel the happiness roll off of his body. On the other hand, I was a mess.

"Would you calm down? They're gonna love you," Levi laughed.

"No I won't calm down. For the first time in my life I'm meeting the parents of a guy. Not to mention, the guy is just casually helping me with my bucket list because he wants to," I hissed.

He just chuckled.

Levi's house was larger than your average home but not so big that I felt overwhelmed. It was white with black shingles and a prominent red front door. The wrap around porch had a garden directly below it. It was a beautiful house.

Levi opened the door and ushered me in. He took his shoes off and let them lay on the smooth dark wood floors. He motioned for me to do the same.

We walked through a small corridor which led right to the kitchen. There was a large black granite island taking up most of the space. The table behind it held two adults.

I'm guessing they were Levi's parents. They were leaning towards each other, laughing. Levi cleared his throat.

Both of them jumped at the sound and turned around.

"Levi!" The woman laughed. "And you brought a friend."

"Abigail, this is my mom, Julie, and my dad, Jack. Mom, dad, this is my friend Abigail," Levi introduce us.

His mom immediately stood up and walked over to me, pulling me into a surprising hug. I hugged her back and chuckled nervously.

"It's nice to meet you," I said.

Jack headed towards us. I could see where Levi got his build. Jack was broad shouldered with dense muscles poking through his long sleeve. He had gentle blue eyes, just like Levi. They were basically twins.

Jack held out his hand. "Call me Jack. Don't call me Sir or any of that crap."

"Dad," Levi warned.

"Levi, is this the girl you were telling us about the other day?" Julie asked.

If Julie was making an attempt to embarrass Levi, he didn't let it show. "She is. She doesn't usually have pink hair. It was part of the bucket list I was telling you about."