Where She Went

That Friday we drove up north to my aunts cottage. It was most likely the most beautiful place in the world. Me and Lucas loved coming up here. So many places. We went inside and opened the door expecting my aunt to be inside. I looked on the table and there was a note. I placed my bags down and took the note.
'Hey T. I've decided to go visit my daughter in England this week so you have the cottage to yourself. Don't do anything stupid. I know you brought Lucas ;) have fun!' I laughed and set it down. I went upstairs to my room and put my bags down. Lucas came shortly after and dropped his bags off in his room.
"What first??"  He asked me.
"Cave???" I asked turning to face him.
"Race you." He said laughing and running out the door. I was a faster runner than him but he refused to let me say it. I ran and ran down the path. Through the cattails, past the stream and behind the vines where the waterfall was. And right beside it was a cave. The most beautiful cave where me and Lucas acted like cave men and drew pictures on the walls. I arrived in front of the waterfall where Lucas had taken his clothes off and jumped in the pool at the bottom of the falls.
"You coming?" He asked laughing.
I stripped down to naked and jumped in the pool. He lifted me up and threw me into the water where I pulled him under. We swam a little and then rested on the rocks.
"Remember when we were 6 and we first came here and you said to me that you transformed into a mermaid at night? You said that whenever you touched water and the moon was up, you turned into a golden mermaid and had two pet dragons." He said staring into the sky.
"And you said that if you kissed me, you would turn into a merman and we would get married by Poseidon." I giggled. He turned to face me and put his hand on my cheek. He pulled me close and kissed me. Deeply and passionately.
"Maybe I'll be a merman now and Poseidon will marry us." He said swimming back out into the water. I shook my head and laughed and swam after him. We got back up and I went into the trees where I kept my white sheer dress. He went into the cave and put his shorts back on. When I came out he opened his mouth in astonishment.
"Gorgeous." He said. I smiled and we walked into the cave. I sat down near our drawings that Lucas called Lucasglyphics. But this time.. Our story would end differently.