What She Had

It was Monday already. I was sad and scared. We were at Lucas's house packing and getting ready. We had already shipped most of his stuff to his new apartment.
"Is that it? I asked throwing a pair of jeans in his suitcase.
"Yeah I think so." He said.
"I need you to sit on the suitcase so I can close it." He said.
"Okay." I said not being amused. You could hear the sadness in his voice.
"So you are pursuing your dream... Now I want to pursue mine." I said sitting on his suitcase.
"You are an amazing writer. We both know that it's just around the corner." He said looking up at me and zipping up his suitcase.
"I don't even know where to start." I said.
"Start small." He said and smiled sweetly.
"Ready?" I asked.
"Let's go." He said. He carried all of his bags out but as soon as we got to the door, he dropped them. He turned around..
"I love you." He said. His eyes so big and so teary.
"I love you too." I said kissing him. He looked at me and nodded. I nodded back and he got in the cab. I didn't know when or if I would ever see that boy again. I just had to hope that we were destined to be together. He rolled down the window and reached his hand out. I looked down to see a red box with golden ribbon on it and a note attached.
"See you soon." He said closing his eyes and biting his lip.
"Good luck. Go get em. I'll see you on tv." I said and smiled slightly to lighten up the mood. He smiled slightly and I leaned into the window to kiss him one last time.
"Remember me?" I said.
"How could I forget?" And the cab drove off.

At my house:

I had finished my crying session and went up to my room. I sat on my bed, spinning the little red box around with my fingers. I was scared to open it. But I did.
There. Sitting at the bottom of the box was a necklace that looked exactly like my sing necklace but instead had the word "remember." I smiled and opened the letter.