Chapter Two

Just to warn y'all, there is a violent scene ahead that could potentially be disturbing.

We pulled into the long driveway of the Montgomery estate. It was like something from the deep South in the 1800s, big fancy white building with big columns in front of each doorway. The long paved driveway was bordered by neatly trimmed hedges covered in twinkling lights, and two big lions stood guarding the front door to the main house. White lights sparkled from all the trees, reflecting off the white snow.

I was massively impressed by the enormity of everything, however overdone it looked. Almost as if the Montgomery's were trying too hard to impress everyone, like we didn't all know about the massive amount of wealth they had. I just don't understand why people feel the need to flaunt their wealth in such a huge way. What am I saying? I want to marry into this family because of the wealth, not in spite of it, "This place is gorgeous, even if it is a little ostentatious."

Gabriella laughed, "It is big, isn't it? But it's even more gorgeous inside than it is outside." She paused for a second and I looked over at her, "At least, that is what I am assuming."

I gave her a weird look, but didn't bother asking her to explain. When she has a secret, no matter how much I prod her about it she won't give it up unless she wants to.

I parked the convertible by the other cars, leaving the keys in the cup holder so I didn't have to dig them out of my purse later. At a party for the super-rich, who would steal a car even one as awesome as mine? My parents had bought it for me as my graduation gift, but it's not even half as expensive as the other cars parked on the gravel lot in front of the house.

As we walked inside, I was extremely glad that I had worn my fur coat because it was at least ten degrees below zero outside. But the excitement of the evening ahead helped to warm me, my heart beating faster at the thought of seeing Trip again.

When we entered the foyer, I took a deep breath at the beauty of the interior. The floors were made of Italian marble and the entryway was framed by a grand double staircase with a huge crystal chandelier above my head in the middle of the room. It was breathtakingly beautiful, and if I'm being completely honest with myself, I can't see living in a place this opulent. But hey, we all have to make sacrifices for the things we want in life.

I handed my coat and purse to the bag check attendant and quickly left Gabriella behind. I was there to find Trip, not to hang out with my friend. Grabbing a beer, I took a sip and saw Trip laughing with his friends over in a corner. Quickly downing the beer, I set the bottle down before walking over to him using a seductive sway to my hips to try and attract his attention. His eyes roved up and down my body, causing arousal to tighten low in my belly.

Trip is tall and blonde, with gorgeous blue eyes. Basically, if you were to look up the definition of W.A.S.P. in the dictionary his picture would be right next to it. As I neared him and his friends, I twisted a lock of hair in my fingers and bit down lightly on my lower lip. Obviously something worked, because Trip sent his friends away and pulled me towards him by my hips, "Damn Isabelle, you are looking hot tonight. How are you doing?"

My heart fluttered hearing his voice, "I'm so happy to be here, your house is absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for inviting me." I stared into his blue eyes and wiggled my hips, enjoying the feeling of his semi-erect hardness pressing against me.

Trip laughed, "Let's go get a shot of something hard."

We walked over to the bar area and Trip went to grab us two shots. He handed me one of the tequila shots putting the salt on his neck and the lime slice in his mouth. I leaned over and licked his neck, took the shot, then took the lime out of his mouth kissing him gently as I did.