Chapter 2: A Misunderstanding

Jamie's POV

After he punched me in the gut, I felt a major pain that I couldn't escape. I couldn't breathe as I hit the pavement. I was forced to turn back human.

"I hope you were ready for that one," I heard him threaten.

I slowly, but almost, sit up. But I was mad and terrified, mostly mad.

"What? You're only half ghost?" he managed to say when he got closer.

"Yeah. What of it?" I asked angry as I spat on the ground.

Then I see him turn human and then I freak out.

"I am too. I thought that you were a bad ghost," he confessed.

"Well I thought you were one," I told him.

"Nope. And sorry for hurting you," he apologized as he extended his hand.

As I accepted it, I replied, "It's fine. But I gotta go. I have to go meet with Frostbite."

"You work for Frostbite?" he asked with astonishment.

"Yeah, do you know him?" I wondered.

"Yeah and I have to meet with him too," he said with a hint of irony.

"Wow," I remarked.

"What?" he wondered.

"Well, first I get beaten by a really cute human/ghost, then I have to see him again with my boss. Crazy, in a really good way," I told him, but then cupped my mouth shut and I was embarrassed at what I said.

He kind of laughed and said, "Same with you, but I beat another cute human/ghost. Sorry again."

I felt relieved knowing he said the same thing and I forgave him. But before we left, I saw two people running towards us.

One was a kid with glasses, a red cap, a yellow shirt, green pants, and was carrying a PDA. The other was a goth girl whom I suspected was his girlfriend for some reason.

So I just acted normal.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Danny's POV

After she was embarrassed, I saw her looking away like something was behind me. I turn around and see Tucker and Sam running towards us.

"Danny, is everything okay?" Sam said, a little panicked.

"Yeah. We saw you hit that ghost in the stomach and she fell out of the sky. And we couldn't see much, so we just ran as fast we could," Tucker said in one breath.

"Easy guys. It's cool. I realized that she's only half ghost like me. By the way, what's your name?" I went from my friends to this mysterious girl.

"As a human, Jamie Dabbs. But my ghost name is Flaming Angel," she introduced herself as she held her hand out for me to shake it.

I accepted as she added, "And I assume your name is Danny?"

That made us both chuckle a bit. "Yeah. Danny Fenton, but when I'm a ghost, I'm Danny Phantom. And this is Sam Manson and Tucker Foley, " I answered.

We turned back to my friends and she shook hands with both of them.

"Nice to meet you guys," she said.

They smiled and then I came in between the three of them.

"Okay guys. Sorry that we have to leave so soon, but Jamie and I have to go see Frostbite," I said.