Chapter 4: An Unforgettable Date

Danny's POV

The next day, I got up a little bit before my alarm went off. I was in a really good mood. I got dressed in what I usually wore and headed down to breakfast. My parents and Jazz were already down there. Jazz couldn't help but notice how happy I was.

"What's gotten you in a good mood?" she asked with a slight smirk.

"Nothing. Just really excited for school," I lied.

"Since when are you ever excited for-- Wait a minute! You have a girlfriend!" Jazz screamed happily.

"She's not my girlfriend. We're just really good friends and we're going to the Nasty Burger," I explained, then added, "Now if you'll excuse me, I'm heading out."

"Okay, have fun on your date!" Jazz teased me.

I blushed as I headed out the door. The day seemed to speed by. I got to my locker and started to get my stuff out. Then next thing I know, my locker was shut and someone grabbed me by the scruff of the neck. It was Dash Baxter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jamie's POV

As I'm walking to Danny's locker for our date, I noticed a large group of people, cheering. I managed to get to the front but as soon as I saw what was going on, I was mortified. Dash, my ex-boyfriend, was beating up Danny.

"Dash, leave him alone!" I yelled as I smashed him into the lockers. He hit hard and I quickly got Danny out of there. He was weak but still conscious.

"Hey you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah. I've had worse beatings, but thanks," he joked then added, "Sorry we had to start our date out like this."

"It's fine. As much as I hated watching you get beat up, it was satisfying to beat up my ex-boyfriend. Don't ask," I told him.

So we went to the Nasty Burger and we couldn't quit talking about, well, EVERYTHING! Then blue mist came out of both of our mouths. It wasn't because we were hanging out with each other; there was a different ghost in the area.

"Which one of us should go?" I asked him, remembering that we can't go ghost together.

"I'll go, but you can have the next one," Danny told me.

I nodded and he ran to the bathroom. 5 seconds later, he came out as Danny Phantom. He flew outside as I sat at our table.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Danny's POV

I flew out and saw the Box Ghost. Ugh! He has to be the most annoying ghost I have ever fought.

"I am the Box Ghost!" he yelled as he always did.

"And I'm Danny Phantom! The ghost who is going to put you back where you belong!" I yelled back.

"Not on my watch!" he practically screamed as he threw boxes at me.

I turned intangible and the boxes went right threw me. I knew this wasn't going to be pretty, so we fought for a while. I was just about to suck him into the Fenton Thermos when he threw another box at me. It hit me in the face and sent me flying. I hit the side of the Nasty Burger. I was forced to turn back human. I couldn't move.

"Say good night, Ghost Boy!" I heard the box ghost say.

But then I could hear another voice.

"Not today, Box Moron!" I heard it say.

It sounded familiar. I scarcely opened my eyes and saw a girl with ghost powers. She was beating up the Box Ghost, then grabbed the Fenton Thermos, and the Box Ghost was sucked in.

"Are you okay? Danny?" I heard her ask.

I finally opened my eyes enough to see that it was Jamie, back in her human form.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jamie's POV

As I sat at the table, I kept hearing the ruckus. I noticed the Box Ghost and Danny fighting. The Box Ghost has been on my trail for a while. Actually, all evil ghosts have been hunting me down, even before I met Danny. Then I heard a huge thud. I looked over and Danny was against the side of the building but then turned back human. I freaked out but then remembered something. Now that he's human, I can go ghost and save him. So I ran into the bathroom and flew out.

"Say good night, Ghost Boy!" I heard the Box Ghost say.

I stepped in between the two of them and said, "Not today, Box Moron!"

I lunged forward and then had him pinned down to the ground. I started punching him. He couldn't even fight back; it got that ugly. Then I grabbed the Fenton Thermos and sucked him in. After that, I turned human and went to Danny.

"Are you okay? Danny?" I asked anxiously. He opened his eyes.

"Jamie?" he asked weakly.

I turned back into a ghost, put him on my back and flew to his house. I phase through the wall and put him on the bed. I turn into a human. As he started to come to, he kind of freaked out until he saw me.

"Jamie, where am I?" Danny asked, kind of shocked.

"We're back at your house. You were knocked out by the box ghost," I answered him.

"Well, I could see a little. I saw you beating him up and sucking him into the Fenton Thermos, heard you speaking, then blacked out," he confessed.

"Yeah. But...can you keep a secret?" I asked him.

"Yeah. Anything," he told me.

So I sit beside him on his bed and explained my situation. All bad ghosts have been hunting me since I got my powers. But it only happens when I'm a ghost. Except in the Ghost Zone.

"Wow," he said.

I didn't know what to say after he said that. Except...

"I'm so sorry that our date went like this," I apologized with a sad face, looking away.

He put his index finger and thumb under my chin, brought my face to face him, and told me, "It's not your fault. And I will protect you no matter what. Okay?"

I told him okay, we hugged, and I flew out the window.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A.N. So, Jamie is already hunted by other ghosts. Question is: who is leading the operation? Duhn, Duhn, DUHN!!!