Chapter 6: Dance The Night Away

A WEEK LATER (THE DANCE)

Jamie's POV

I have a feeling this is going to be the best night of my life. I have a beautiful, light blue, knee-length dress, light blue flats, a white purse, my hair curled and down, makeup (more than I usually do), rhinestone earrings, and the necklace Danny gave me. It was a circle with an opening and it said hope on both sides three times. Danny told me that it was a reminder that no matter what situation I'm in, there will always be hope. Then my mom comes in, breaking me from my thoughts.

"Oh my gosh! You look so beautiful!" she squealed then yelled for my dad to come up and bring the camera.

I giggled and said, "Thanks. This is the first time that I've gone to a dance with someone that I've..."

"What?" my mom asked.

"Well, you might think this is too soon, but...I'm in love with Danny," I confessed.

"Oh! Well, how long have you known him?" she wondered.

"Since the beginning of last month. We've hung out everyday since then and we have tons of stuff in common. A lot of people say that we are perfect for each other. And I want to tell him tonight," I explained.

"Okay. Let me tell you what I would do if I were in your shoes. I would tell him exactly how I felt. So tell him that you love him," she told me.

"Thanks Mom," I thanked her.

We hugged, took some pictures, then there was a knock at the door. I almost squealed because I knew that it was the love of my life outside my house. I ran downstairs, fixed myself a bit, then opened the door. He had a white, button-up shirt, a a black-collared shirt under it, and tie. Everything else was the same. He looked super HOT! When he saw me, his jaw dropped.

"Wow. You look...amazing!" he told me.

"Thanks, and you look great yourself," I giggled.

Then we took more pictures. After we were about to head out, my mom winked at me to remind me to tell Danny how I feel. Well, here we go.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Danny's POV

Jamie and I got into the Fenton RV where we sat in the back. My parents were in the front, embarrassing me.

"Danny, make sure you spend every minute with this lovely lady. I see the way you look when you think about her. It's the same look I gave your mother when I first saw her," my dad said to me.

"Aww Jack. That's so sweet. He even said that she gives him the same looks that I gave you when we first met too," my mom replied.

I was blushing so much my face started to heat up. Jamie was doing her adorable giggle. This is the night I'm going to tell Jamie that I'm in love with her. I didn't want to bring it up while my parents were in the same place. Then we pulled up to the school. I escorted her out and she wouldn't let go of my arm, which I didn't mind at all.

"I'm so sorry about my parents. They can be pretty embarrassing at any time," I said, apologetically.

"It's fine. I thought it was adorable. That's one of the many things I like about you," she told me.

I blushed as we entered the school. We went into the gym and sat down. Then 'Proud Mary' comes on. I stand up and extend my hand.

"May I have this dance?" I asked.

"Yes you may," she tells me, accepting my hand.

We start slow dancing, until it sped up. We were in the center of the dance floor and stole the show. At the end, we decided to take a breather.

"I forgot to tell you this last week, but you are a really great dancer," Jamie complemented me.

"Thank you, thank you very much," I said, like Elvis Presley.

She giggled then said, "Danny, there's something I need to tell you."

"Okay, I'm all ears," I tell her.

"Well, we've known each other for a while now, even if it was a misunderstanding at the time. I know now that even if Frostbite was going to introduce us to each other, we were meant to meet each other. You have been there for me even though ghosts have been hunting me down. And I just wanted to say that--," she started to confess.

"NO!" we heard a scream and looked around. Then Ember showed up with an angry expression on her face. This wasn't good.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A.N. Ember is here! What do you think will happen? By the way, the necklace in the pic above was actually a graduation/get well present from my friends. I just thought it would also be cool if I got it from Danny. Neat idea, huh?