Chapter 3: No Time for TV

"Jon, look, this time line just isn't adding up. Are you sure Rachel didn't say anything about this guy this past week?" Beckett inquired.

"Ha! Please. She kept talkin about him. Even durin." Disgusting, Beckett though, not to mention illegal.

Moving past that disturbing image, Kate replied, "Umm... I thought you agreed with the club guy. That he disappeared after last week when he was thrown out."

"He did. It was her that just kept sayin he creeped her out even though we was gone."

This beckoned her curiosity even further. "And what else did she say? Did she say she still thought he was there?"

"No, but she did say she thought he was there when she knew he wasn't sometimes."

Wow, Beckett thought, you just said no and gave a yes answer. Dude, wake up and smell the roses. "And did you think he was there?"

"Hell no! And I'm pretty damn observant, if I do say so myself." He put his feet up on the table in front of him and leaned back, with a cocky, arrogant smile that made Beckett want to beat him until he cried.

Shoving his legs down, she then told him, "Alright, first, show some respect for where you are. Next, close your eyes." She said.

"What the hell for?" he asked as though he had something to worry about/

"Just do it." He did. "What color is my shirt? And what color is the room you're in?" White shirt, gray room.

"You're wearin a light blue shirt and the room's a tan kinda color."

She then stood and said, "Thank you so much for your help Mr. Lorenzo, we've gotten everything off of you we can. Are you sure we can't take you to the hospital, or maybe you'd prefer to sit in the break room?" Beckett offered, wanting him out of there quickly. He gave dumb answers to stupid questions that no one asked him, and was wasting an interrogation room. Plus, Gates wanted him out of there ASAP.

"No fucking way bitch. I'm stayin here where I know I won't shoot the bastard who did this." He said, and stood for emphasis, "No fucking way am I leavin when you jacks could use me for fucking questioning. And if you think there is a chance in hell that you're getting me out of here, then you can go fuck yourself, cause it aint happenin."

Beckett thought a moment, looked down with a small laugh, and poked the kid in the stomach right beside his injury. He screamed plenty loud enough, and it was barely a poke. "Still think you're staying here? Cause if so you can go fuck yourself."

"Well Rick, welcome to the family." Mr. Beckett said, with a huge hug. Castle had just stood to leave after he'd gotten his yes, explaining Kate was expecting him back at the precinct. As they ended their bro hug, Kate's father spoke. "You better know though that my Katie isn't like these other two women you've married. You hurt her, and there will be hell to pay. And not just her hell, the other cops' hell, and my hell."

Even though Castle had no idea what other hell he meant, he took out the ring and said, "You know, this was my grandmother's engagement ring. You see, my mother was planning on giving it to me to propose to the right girl. She waited until a few months ago to give it to me. Believe me. I will never hurt her."

"You better not." Being a father himself, Castle understood the whole "protect her" thing. But the one thing he never understood about parents was they never trusted their daughter's boyfriends until they saw their daughters with the men. And even then, once their daughters were gone, the trust was too.

As Castle and his soon-to-be father-in-law said their final few words, Castle imagined what it would be like when this was Alexis's boyfriend asking for her hand in marriage. He then wiped that image out of his head as fast as he could. That was, hopefully, way down the line. And for reasons like he and Beckett had, not that she was pregnant or something. Then, He passed the picture of Kate as a little girl with her mom and dad with her, swinging at the park.