Chapter 1~Welcomed to Hogwarts

Dear Ms. Lovegood, 

Due to last years unfortunate circumstances regarding the war and Voldemort, we have decided to invite all students from last year to join us again and get the education they wanted. We mourn the loses of those who died and understand if you won't rejoin us. Attached is a list of all necessary books and equipment for the school year, and your Head Girl badge. Term begins September 1. 

Congrats on being Head Girl,  

Minerva McGonagall, Professor of Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry

"Ready to go, Luna?" I looked up at my father standing in front of the door to our house. I nodded and folded the letter again placing it in my satchel. 

I grabbed his arm and cast a Reducio, shrinking my luggage and cauldron. I wonder who'll take over the position of charms and potions, now that Snape is no longer with us. 

"Off we go." I looped my arm through daddy's and walked out the door. 

"Colloportus." He muttered pointing his wand to the door, effectively locking it.

it was such a beautiful day, I observed as we walked to the Weasley's house. The grass was a brown-green, the flowers dying. I think some Moon Frogs have been through here. The air felt chilly and the air smelled clean and of pumpkin. I closed my eyes and embraced in the calm before the storm. 

Recently, Father and I had taken to visiting the Weasley's with exotic homemade foods and a distraction that they desperately needed as a member of their family had died. You could always feel the emptiness and sadness that covered the house. I think they have a manifestation.  I opened my eyes once our feet discovered gravel. We were here. 

Normally the yard would be bustling with activity but as fall was approaching and they had lost all joy, the yard looked as though it hadn't been played on, ever. Even the gnomes were missing.  Contrary to the outside, the inside was bustling with activity and packed with people, which was a surprise.

"Molly?" Dad knocked on the door which opened with wandless magic. it was like a train station was run here. Trunks flooded the living room with people going back and forth putting stuff in. The stairs were jampacked with people running up and down. Mrs. Weasley was shouting orders, loudly yelling questions, and folding laundry all at once. How she could do all at once astounds me. She noticed our arrival and made her way over, basket on her hip. 

"Hello, Xeno. Sorry the house is messy. Harry and Hermione stayed over. I tell you, it's not fun to have two lovesick couples in the house. Congrats on Head Girl, Luna. Ginny told me all about it. Anyway, what exotic dish do you have for us today?" She adjusted the basket and grabbed the Tupperware from daddy's hands.

"I see. Hopefully Luna will never leave me." He gave me a hopeful look; I smiled up at him. "We brought you Raclette, a dish from Switzerland. Luna and I visited there after everything was up and running. How's Arthur holding up?" Dad and Mrs. Weasley found an empty spot at the table and discussed as I walked towards Ginny's room, their voices fading out.

The stairs shook as people walked up and down and ran about. I peeked into rooms to see dishevelment and chaos. The portraits on the walls depicted a smiling family that I could only remember from memory. One showed the smiling family at the big Quidditch game in my third year, their faces decked out in green and white for Ireland. Another showed a family picture with a grayed out Fred smiling at the camera. Unfortunately, I hadn't seen George in months, he rarely left his room.  I wouldn't too if I lost my twin, my soul sibling. Finally I made it to Ginny's room and paused in the doorway, the floorboard groaning under my foot.

Ginny and Harry stood really close to each other, lips pursed and faces close together. The squeak of the floorboard jerked them away and made them look down blushing. Harry began playing with a loose thread on his shirt. I had just interrupted something.

"Sorry!" I squeaked out. 

"Oh hey, Luna. Didn't see you there." Ginny's face reflected the color of her hair. Harry's did too. 

"I'm going to finish packing. Have a fun chat." Harry walked out the door, nodding his blushing face towards me. I smiled back.

He turned the corner and I turned towards Ginny, only to see her smiling in the direction Harry had just gone. She was helplessly in love. Good, she deserves it. They both do. 

"He won't even look at me since the war." She sighed. "That's the first times he's looked at me all summer. I don't know what to do!" She ran a hand down her face and sighed. I took a step into the room the same time she jerked up, her face lighting up. "Wait, you're his friend, maybe you could get him to tell you how he really feels about me. Please, Luna." Her eyes were bugging out of her head, pleading with me. Her room must really be infested with some sort of love bug. I'll have to research later. 

"I don't need to." I replied. She opened her mouth but I continued. "He's just worried. He spent all last year on the run. He wants normality, but he's afraid that he can't get that. He does like you, Ginny. He likes you almost as much as you like him.... I'm happy for you. You finally got yourself a man who won't make you cry." I embraced her. Ginny had been my friend since my first year, and I would do anything in my power to make her happy- and if that meant Harry Potter, so be it. 

"We really should finish packing." She pulled out of the hug and picked up a shirt. She debated it and then tossed it back into the pile on her bed.

"You really are dreadful at packing," she tossed a shirt at me, which I dodged. "You're worse than Ron. Can you imagine the problems Hermione's going through right now?" 

"Ron! You cannot pack that!" A very angry Hermione screamed down the hall. Ginny and I looked at each other and began laughing. 

_______________________

I decided to revisit this story again and remake it to be less predictable. Hopefully I can update these regularly. Also, I graduated High School! Wow! (even though the world is weird rn, I'm glad I was able to celebrate.) P.s some of the comments might not match up because I'm redoing a huge chunk of the book so I apologize for that.

Word Count: 1,136

updated: Jan. 13, 2022 

Like, Comment, or whatever