Chapter 5~ Injuries and Insults

Who ever made that gif is amazing! Oh, and the video. Remember, the comments won't make sense, sorry about that.

That morning I woke up with a headache and a sore arm. My elbow had swelled even more as I had forgotten to ice it as much as I should have. The bruise was turning yellow and it hurt to move my arm even a little bit. Sighing, as I knew I'd have to visit Madame Pomfrey in the infirmary, I lifted myself off the bed and to my trunk. 

I grabbed my robes and a purple skirt and white shirt and headed to the bathroom. The other roommates were still asleep, with the exception of Cho who always woke up early to finish school work she might have missed. Although it was the first day of the term, so I don't know her excuse. 

Locking myself in the stall, I changed and used the bathroom, all with one arm. Buttoning a skirt while having a throbbing arm is no fun task. It hurt even if it bumped the smallest thing, something is really wrong with it.  I unlocked the stall, washed my hands, and grabbed another wet paper towel. I placed it on my arm and almost sighed at how calming the cold sensation was. Walking out the bathroom, I turned off the light, grabbed my latest copy of the Quibbler and Dad's letter, and checked the time.

8:15 am blinked back at me.

Good, I'm not late to breakfast. I threw the paper towel in the trashcan and headed out the door to find Cho sitting by a window reading. 

"Good morning, Cho. How'd you sleep?" I asked. I was still unsure how to stand while my arm hurts so I stood with my arms by my side. 

"I slept okay, Luna. What about you?" She placed the bookmark in her book and stretched. She'd been up for a while. The fire was lit, a blanket was on her lap, and she'd made a dent in the book.

"I slept okay. Did you eat yet?" 

"No, I was waiting to head down with someone."

"What are you reading?" She folded the blanket and grabbed her book in her other hand. 

"Oh, I've started Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum, a muggle. Do muggles really view witches as these creatures who ride brooms and cackle?" She looked confused.

"I have no idea, but I have also never spoken to a muggle." We were now on the stairs headed down to the dining hall. In the steps below I noticed Ginny and Ron. Hermione and Harry must already be downstairs. I remember they are late sleepers. 

"What classes did you sign up for?" Cho asked gripping tight to the rail. I recalled that she had a fear of heights, that's why she never liked to go to the owlery alone. 

"Advanced potions, 6th year Transfiguration, Defense Against the Dark Arts, independent study, and Herbology which I hope to have with Neville." I counted off on my fingers. 

"Ooo, Neville." She sang. My friends were convinced we'd become a thing, since first year when he helped me after I dropped my papers on the floor. I rolled my eyes.

Finally we got off the steps and walked towards the double doors. "I'll see you in a bit, I'm going to talk to Ginny really quick." She nodded and I walked off. 

The room smelt amazing. The sizzle of warm bacon, the smell of maple, the warm glow from the lights all flooded towards me. As I approached the Gryffindor table I noticed the four. Ron was of course eating. He had three plates stacked with food and was reading the newspaper. Nothing much has been as reported since the war. Hermione was reading a book, of course, and Ginny and Harry were eating and talking.

"Morning Ginny." I interrupted as I walked over. She looked up, a tired expression on her face. 

"Morning Luna. You okay?" She had noticed the arm, which I hadn't moved a whole lot.