Chapter 4~ Welcome Ceremony

A N// Can we just stop and admire this beautiful video?? Props to whoever made this because it's my favorite Luna Lovegood video so far, the concept behind it is amazing!!! Anyway, Back to the story.

The carriage pulled up to the doors of Hogwarts and we all unloaded off. Harry held out his hand helping us down. Once down, I thanked him and walked towards the Thestral, rummaging in my bag for an apple which I kept in there for this exact reason. Finding it, I approached the gentle giant and rubbed its long skeletal neck, offering the apple to it. It happily nibbled and made that squeal sound it usually makes. Harry approached and rubbed its back.

"They really are beautiful creatures. It's sad that someone has to experience a traumatic event to see them." Harry offered his own apple. I tilted my head. "I grabbed one from the train for this exact reason. Although I think they prefer meat more than apples." We watched as the thestral bumped the apple with its nose. 

"It's actually poetic. How someone has to experience a traumatic event. It shows them that this side of the world is actually kind of beautiful. Usually people who experience a traumatic event have a more positive outlook on life, they appreciate it more than before. The colors look brighter, they take more walks, have a new way of life." I exclaimed petting the thestral. 

"Sometimes I forget you're a Ravenclaw." Harry admitted. I laughed. 

"Most people do." I checked my watch. "Oh no, I'm going to be late for the Prefect meeting. Sorry Harry." I rushed towards the doors and up the steps. The group had already entered without Harry or I. 

Which room was it? Right, the Headmaster's office. I sprinted there, my sore arm throbbing from the movement. I arrived to the office stairway after many twists and long hallways, being here 6-7 times had caused the map to be ingrained in my mind. 

"Divination" I clearly stated. Dumbledore used to always have a password related to candy, but since McGonagall is Headmistress now, the password was one of the first changes. 

The twisty staircase brought me to a room packed with multiple prefects and the Head Boy. There was clearly a division of houses, with the Slytherins in a group far away from the others. I chose a seat next to Cho Chang, who greeted me with a hug. (My tailbone stung as I sat down) Ever since 4th year with Umbridge and the DA, we had become very close. She came to me to discuss potions, divination, and roommates. She roomed with Penelope Clearwater, a miserable Ravenclaw who snored. She hated it. 

"Now that everyone is here," Headmistress McGonagall pointed a look at me, " we will begin."

I scanned the room.  Ginny and Pavarti Patil were the assigned students for Gryffindor. Susan Bones and Ernie Macmillan were the Hufflepuff Prefects. Marcus Belby and Cho were the other Prefects. And that left Slytherin. Blaize Zabini and Daphne were the Slytherin Prefects. Blaize was an okay Slytherin, he didn't act as snotty as the others. That left the head boy. The blonde haired scowler welcomed me. Working with the boy who hated my guts will be fun. 

"Before the first years arrive, I'd like to discuss the ground rules for Prefects: There will be no bullying the first years," She pointedly looked at the Slytherins. "You are to lead them to the houses, give them the passwords, and help them with any questions they may have. You are not to bully them. Everyone has had a rough couple years." I watched as they all stopped smiling and Draco gulped. "That is why Hogwarts has created a new room for panic attacks and anxiety. Whenever someone is having a bad memory and wants to throw something or cry it out, we have created a safe place. You are not to bully or order them around during this time, am I understood?" She waited until everyone nodded before continuing. 

" As per normal years, there will be one group of two patrolling the halls each night. If anyone is out of bed, besides heading to the panic room, they will be deducted points, how many you decide, just not an outrageous amount. Also, Prefects and Heads will help decorate for the  Christmas celebration. Attendance is mandatory. We will hold meetings each Tuesday night. Okay, those are the rules. Any questions?"