Wolves of the Beyond: No Giving Up

Wolves of the Beyond (c) Kathryn Lasky

OC's (c) HiddenWolf

Lyrics (c) Crossfade

                                                           Wolves of the Beyond

                                                                  No Giving Up

                         There's no giving up now, Do you really want to give this all away

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

His smirk was deceitful, his teeth were worn and yellow hinting traces of blood, it was so wide that it resembled a Cheshire cats smile. "Just in time to watch it die..eh?"

Amour stumbled forward in shock. Evori... her baby...

"My baby!"

"Your pup? heh. Should've taught it bett-"

Amour surged forward and blasted into the lynx. All the bitterness, all the depression and the painful memories flowed through her. Feeding her the energy she needed to sweep him of his feet and down onto the leafy ground. He then rolled to the right quickly as Amour prepared to come crashing down on his ribs. Afterward her exploded up and madly flung his paws around.

During the first blows of the fight, Amour concentrated on just tiring him out. Killing him wasn't in mind, but if push came to shove and he just wouldn't back down then it would be his last option. He came lashing forward, swiping his large paws right at face. He hooked her right across the muzzle, leaving behind three deep scratches trailing across. A beastly growl rumbled deep in the she wolfs throat. Amour snapped again but the lynx was to quick for her. He laughed to himself, Amour was making a complete fool out of herself. Though she retaliated with a nip to his shoulder.

This gave her the upper hand long enough to snatch the pup up, turn tail and run. Not from fear but fear of losing the pup. Senseless fighting was only wasting time and she wouldn't allow foolish pride and a lynx to get in between her saving Evori's young life.

The forest was all but a blur, an obstacle in her way. Tree after tree she would dodge, rock after rock she would jump until finally they were back in the opening. To the side of the opening were Lorcan and Alban, worriedly calling out Evori's name.

"Lorcan!" yelled Amour through a mouthful of fur. Her ears perked and her head jerked around all the way, it seemed like it was about to fall off. Horror filled the hazel eyes of Lorcan, who was silently pleading that she wasn't dead.

"Wh- What happened?" Lorcan hastily grabbed Adrina's scruff and placed her on the ground. Being careful as to not make the situation any worse. She touched her wet nose against the bloody pelt. A heartbeat! She lived, but for how long? Her cat like tongue roughly went over the wound that had gradually quit bleeding.

"I heard yelping and her body was on the ground, that large wound on her side. Another lynx was out hunting and decided to try for her.. Thank Lupas I was there or she would've been dead."

Lorcan just shook her head and called over Lior who was as concerned as ever. He buried his face into his sisters pelt.

"Don't die!" Odd recollections began to appear in his mind. The strong smell of blood had brought memories of his bringing up back into his mind. Though blind at the time he could remember feelings, and the scent of blood and the weird smell that gave him chills. Oily tears when down his cheeks.

"It's not to late.. is it?" Questioned Amour, nudging the she pup.

"I just don't know." Her voice was faint, with little hope.

Amour turned away and stared off into the darkening forest. A figure looming just beyond the shadow, their silhouette all to familiar.

"You! Just leave us be!"

"Then give me it back."

Amour backed off and protectively stood in front of Lorcan, Adrina and Lior. The last things on the earth to care for her were these very few. Her family, a family of misfits who had nothing but each other and the pelts on their hides. She'd be damned if he'd touch even a hair on any of their heads after what he did. He would pay and if not he would die.

"Amour.. who is that?"

"The bastard who tried to kill Evori."

Lorcan grumbled but continued to lick and clench the wolf pups close to her. The male lynx was stubborn but definately no match for two fully grown adults. The she wolf padded forward threateningly, fur bristling, tail standing erect. The male did not hesitate in his step as he flashed past her and headed right for Lorcan and the others.

Alban froze in terror and ran off in the opposite direction. Just as he had hoped. Lorcan had no choice but to stay with the injured pup. Leaving the white pup wide open to anything..

--

The picture of the two wolves in the last chapter were Amour ( brown one ), Remiel ( white one ) who is also the father of Adrina and Lior. In this chapter the picture is of Lior (:

also I can't believe this story is 893 on the watts hott list. I know thats not really fantastic but still it makes me happy.