Wolves of the Beyond: Already Over

Wolves of the Beyond (c) Kathryn Lasky

OC's (c) HiddenWolf

Lyrics (c) Red

                                                           Wolves of the Beyond

                                                                  Already Over

                               Reaching as I fall, I know it's already over now.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Emori had never thought that at such a young age, her life would seize to be. The life she had hoped for would never exist. She would die and that would be it. Even as a pup with little knowledge of the world, she had big aspirations. She wanted to grow old, lead a pack, find a mate and have pups to call her own. However little did she know that that could never happen. She carried the title of a malcadh, and she would live a malcadh's life. But not for long though, death was almost at the doorstep. With each drop of blood from her body, Emori continued to wither.

Lorcan tried calming the distressed pup with licks across the head. Hushing her cries with soft whispers promising a place full of serenity and peace that was soon to come. Her pain began to weigh out her pride and the oily tears began to flow. Lorcan soon felt the rush of anguish coming in. It was inevitable, they would need a miracle.

On the opposite side of the sleepy meadow was a grizzly scene. Amour bit down into the flesh of the lynx, feeling the skin break as the pressure increased. The blood gushed out as the male struggled to breathe. The wolf had pinned him quick and bitten onto his throat. She used her tongue to lap the blood as it drained. It was bitter but it tasted sweet - just like revenge. Emori wouldn't die out of vain, this bastard would give his life in exchange for hers. Even if she didn't live to see the light of day, she would personally avenge the pup. Amour commenced to bite down harder until blood squirted onto her face. She was blinded by the blood temporarily. She shook her head wildly and blinked blood out of her eyes.

"Wolf!"

The dread that filled Amour's heart was heavy. The anxiety inside made her feel tense. She flicked her ears in the direction of the call. Hopelessly trying to find who had cried out. But all she could see was shadow bounding towards her, a moving obscurity in a red haze. Amour steeled herself and dug her nails deep into the dirt. With an ample amount of energy, the pursuer segued forward and batted Amour with explosive hits. The blow winded the wolf and rendered her idle. The hazy shadow, which had turned out to be another lynx. A female in fact and the mate of Emori's attacker.

Amour snarled at her menacingly and stood there taking everything in. But reality was well on it's way to snap her back. All the rage distracted her from her own pain. Unbeknownst to Amour, her back leg was badly mangled and her body torn up with scratches and wounds. Her body craved rest but even with the intense pain she decided against her needs and tried to get away. The male however caught her flank in his grip and yanked her to the ground. The female lurched forward with both paws and threw her paws toward her face. Sinking her knife-like nails into the wolves skin. Dragging them across Amour's eyes and tearing her flesh.

Over bearing pain sent the exhausted she-wolf into a state of shock. Her body froze in place - she couldn't move! Another swift blow to the head sent her tumbling down into a rocky groove. Housing a thicket of thorns and old vegetation. At the very moment her limp body came into contact with the briery shrubs she wailed out in pain. The hooked thistles caught themselves in her lacerated wounds. The more Amour squirmed in the nettle's grasp she caught herself in an even deeper web of thorns. She'd woven herself into a web of knives that constricted around her limbs and tightened the more she moved. Like a boa constrictor slowly and painfully killing it's prey.

Blood seeped onto the limbs of the shrubbery and dripped onto the dirt ground below. Amour attempted to look about but she'd lost her sight. The lynx had clawed her eyes so badly that she was rendered blind. She dispiritedly howled a long drawn out tune that was hollow, barren, and filled of concession and agony. It was her last farewell to the lynx and the pups that had taken her in when she was in need of rescuing. They'd given her a second chance and she'd been a mother to pups she knew she could never have. She hadn't forgotten about her own pups, or her mate in the forgetting and lived the last few seasons to the fullest. Amour shut her eyes and drew in a long breath. Slowly her head fell to the side and her body still. She was dead.

 A/N - This story is now going to be a fan comic! You can find the first 4 pages on my deviantArt account!

I've changed a few things around that will effect both the story and comic. Character looks are different especially with Xenia and Imelda.