§×§ A Step Forward §×§

#KONOHA#

"Naruto...the Mizukage..he's already been assasinated by the Akatsuki.." Shikamaru reported with a monotone voice.

Naruto was shocked by the news but it wasn't evident in his face, he just looked out the window an sat in his chair leaving Shikamaru hanging.

"Hold a meeting of the Kages... we need to talk about this" he stated.

Ino stormed in the room with a worried face....

"Naruto kun!...Sasuke's sister is a part of the assasination!" she snapped.

Naruto widened his eyes as he turned his attention to Ino.

"We gathered the corpses that was with the Mizukage and checked..one of our clansmen Ayato Yamanaka..an ex Anbu is also a part of it.."

Naruto never said a word but his head was racing i conclusions like.. whats the Akatsuki's motive? what are they trying to pull? he went silent for another moment and gestured for Shikamaru to hand him the phone..he dialed it as it rang..then a deep serious voice answered.

"Sasuke...it's about Kamize" he stated.

#2 days after the assasination#

"Lady Kazumi, are you going?" one of the staff asked her.

"me and Suigetsu will be on our way" she replied and turned her back.

"guess the death of the 6th Mizukage took long enough don't you think so?"Kazumi never said a word, she remained silent as she rapidly tapped her fingers on her desk.

"get yourself ready were going to the burial" she finished as she stormed out of the room leaving Suigetsu speechless.

He made a deep sigh and held his head in frustration as he smirked and sat on his desk he took out a picture from his drawer, it was a picture of them (Sasuke, Karin, Jugo and him).

"well Sasuke there's no stopping her now, never thought she'd be more resentful than you" he placed the picture back in his drawer and continued outside of their office.

#Three Days Later#

"okay they arranged a meeting for the replacement of the next Mizukage, names that were listed are you, Ao and someone named Kyuko" Suigetsu informed.

"how's Ayato? is he ready?" Kazumi asked as she filed some papers in her desk, then Ayato opened the door wearing the standard Kirigakure Anbu outfit with the mask and long black coat.

"I apologize leader-sama for the long wait, the guys back in the office are a nuisance" he apologized,

"the meeting will be held at noon time, every word you say will be recorded and every word you say can make a change, don't fail me Ayato" Kazumi informed as she went outside the office.

Ayato smirked, knowing how much doubt Kazumi has for him despite that he prepared himself for this plan ever since he joined the Akatsuki, thus, remembering his initial goal.

"you know you can't quit anymore right? are you planning to do so?" Suigetsu appeared from the door.

He walked passed him and sat bleakly on his chair and lazily placed his legs across the table, he placed his arms above his head as it rested there, he then stared at Ayato who was just pocketing his hand and just standing in the middle of the room, there was cold silence between them for a while when Ayato broke out the weird prospect between them.

"Suigetsu-sama, you and leader sama really are close aren't you? are both of you dat--" he was distrupted as Suigetsu sprung out of his seat and forcefully covered Ayato's mouth with his hand.

"you should be carefull on what your mouth utters or else someone might here you" Suigetsu said as he uncovered Ayato's mouth.

"so it is true" he smirked.

"well actually no, uh... not yet" Suigetsu mummbled

"huh? not yet? Tch! you're slow" Ayato looked away and smirked a bit more

"well Kazumi is a busy lady and if I ask her what would she think? huh? and then she'll go all weird and starts avoiding me I don't want that to happen and not to mention how scary her brother is don't judge me!" Suigetsu pouted as he also looked away

"Brother? you said she was adopted" Ayato grew curious

"huh? oh nothing you know me! words from nowhere just slip out of my tongue!" Suigetsu defended

"o-okay? well I have to be on my way now, it's almost noon time" Ayato left the room without a shadow behind

Suigetsu then released a big sigh,

"sheesh! that was close" he breathed in, then the door opened

"what was close?" Kazumi entered

"uhhm... n-nothing!...nothing at all!" he waved his hand moderately infront of him as he tried to swallow in his slobber

Kazumi did'nt mind him a tall which sent gave him relief.

A/N

Konnichiwa sorry for the wait! and oh, hey! here's the update that you longed for Jessica! enjoy!

~comment

~vote n'

~follow!