Chapter 1

Chapter 1

I've been sitting staring at the blank sheet of paper in front of me for the past 20 minutes. My brain isn't working today at all. It's not what I need when I have exams in  2 months time.

"Kimberley?" I look up as I hear my name being called.

"Mrs Lavery would like a word with you, you have to head down just now" My English teacher says and I nod as I stand up and leave the room and head down to speak with my Guidance teacher.

I have no doubt what it's going to be about. Mrs Lavery is also my Drama and my music teacher and I haven't been in any of her classes this week. In fact I haven't been in any classes for the first 2 days. Only coming back on Wedensday. I ignored her class on wedensday and today and I did it on puropose. 

I knock on her door and she smiles and tells me to come in. I walk through and she gets up and closes the door over, coming to sit back down again.

"I guess you know why I want to speak with you?" She asks and I nod.

"You can't be missing classes with only 2 months to go until you're exams Kimberley" She starts and I let out a sigh. 

"I know, I'm sorry" I tell her simply, Having no intention of going into anything with her, She knows me well enough by now to know when to push a matter and when not to.

She was a nice woman, and one of the few teachers I actually liked. She had helped me so much in the past year that If I hadn't had her to talk to then I don't think I would have gotten through at all.

"Is everything ok?" She asks softly and I let out a laugh at her statement.

"Is it ever?"

"You know you can come down here and talk anytime don't you?" She says and I nod. This is why I avoided her class Wedensday and Today, I knew I was going to have to speak with her eventually, but I wanted to put it off as long as I could, and I think I did it well considering its now Last class on a friday.

"I know, I just didn't want to talk to anyone, Look I'll be fine, I will be in every class from now til the exams"

"Okay, but next time you come straight to me okay? you only have 2 months of school left, you have to be prepared for your exams, think about which university you want to go to, you know the offer for the musical and peforming arts school still stands, they want you there badly Kimberley, you can't let you're dream go"

I had been offered a place at one of the best musical and performing arts school after auditioning for them 3 months ago. My future looked certain but now I wasn't so sure, My mum needed me here and it meant having to move out of the house and move into a student flat near by the school. I'd have t keep on working to pay for the school, for my flat, to be able to live. 

I had been working and going to school, since last year but it was taking it's toll, I don't know If I could keep it up, maybe getting a full time job was the best option.

"Think about it, don't let anyone stand in you're way, you are the most talented Pupil I have ever taught.

"Thank you" I said.

"If you need extra help with any work, then you can come to me during study periods, interval, lunch time, even after school for half n hour, let me know and I will help you, you don't have to struggle on you're own, I'm here for a reason" She smiles and I give her one back.

"Thank you" I say again and she smiles Kindly before nodding to the door.

"You best get back to class then and get you're things together, only ten minutes left" She says and I stand up and head towards the door, turning back around.