Chapter 20

Chapter 20

We arrived at the school and cheryl parked her car and sat there for a few seconds, lost in her own thought, Before I even had the chance to say anything she snapped out of it and flashed me one of her dimpled grins, but I could right through her, the smile didn't quite reach her eyes and I think she maybe wasn't as confident as she was letting on so I used that as my last chance to get her to change her mind and turn around and go home.

"You know it isn't too late to turn around" 

"No Kimba, I need to go in, we both do, you said yourself when I arrived here, after we met that the only reason you stayed and put up with all this nonsense was because you wanted to get a good education, you have gone this far, I have gotten this far, I'm not about to throw it all away right at the end, we have to fight this til the end." She says, trying to convince me we were doing the right thing, but also trying to convince herself.

"Come on let's just do this" She said, taking the bag and opening her day.

"Cheryl?" 

"Ye--" She started but I cut her off and kissed her softly.

"Wow!" She says when I pull back. "What was that for?" 

"Cause I love you and cause I won't be able to do it all day" I smile.

"Maybe I should have let you keep me at home" She winks as she climbs out the car, the wind instantly blowing her hair everywhere.

"You're bad" I smiled going round and linking arms with her. "Lucky for you though, you got a whole school day, a whole 6 and a half hours to think about what you could've been doing" I said and she started giggling.

"So you know, if you get bored...."

"I'll just think about what we will be doing instead, I'm sure that will keep me going" She added and I just shook my head as I opened the door for her.

A few people turned there heads, staring at us as we walked down the corridor, but we ignored them all and headed straight for our first class. 

It wasn't long before the bell went and everyone started filling in. A few people said hello and a few had asked how Cheryl was but other than that no one bothered us for the first two classes, and the time hadn't dragged in as I thought it would have.

When the time came for out break time, we headed down to the canteen where again it felt like all eyes were on us, but Cheryl did a good job at ignoring them, I don't know if she was aware they were staring and whispering or wether she just didn't care.

We were just about to sit down at our table when I heard my name being mentioned and I turned around and saw Sarah and Amy stood there, danielle coming up behind them.

"What do you's want" I asked, my voiced raised, how they even had the nerve to come over to us after everything they had done.

"We want to apoligise. To both of you..."

"I don't care about you're apologies, you could have killed her..."

"We're so sorry, It was never meant to go that far, We just...I..we're sorry, or everything we have done, I don't expect you's to forgive us, but I just wanrted you to know" Sarah said and I was about to open my mouth when I felt Cheryl's hand on my back. I turned to look at her and she shook her head, silently telling me to leave it.

"I appreciate it" She says and I look at her as if she's gone mad. I think she has gone mad. 

"We're sorry" they say again and they turn to leave. Once they're gone, we sit down at the table. "Are you out of you're mind? You appreiciate it?"