Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Kimberleys POV

"So what do we do now?" I ask Cheryl as we park up outside her flat. She turns and looks at me looking generally confused, which makes me laugh. We both just admitted to having feelings for each other, we kissed again. Surely she knows what I mean.

"about what?" 

I laugh out loud before thinking of how to say it, but before I can even get anything out, her face fills with recognition and I know she knows what I'm getting at. "You mean about us?"

"Yes Cheryl" I laugh nervously.

"well, Its up to you really, I don't want to push you into anything, I don't want you to feel like you have to do anything, You know I like you and If you want to stay friends, then that's cool by me, or if you want to take things further, I dunno be together or something thats also up to you..." She rambles and that's all I needed to hear.

I lean in and place my lips back on hers and stop her rambling. "You aren't pushing me into anything, but if you're sure..."

"I'm sure if you are" she questions and I nod. I'm defintley ready.

"come on lets get inside" Cheryl smiles as I pull back from her and we walk up to her flat.

We both almost go through the roof when we open the door and Gary is standing there. Cheryl grabs my arm and swear loudly.

"Gary! F*cking hell" Cheryl says loudly, still gripping my arm tightly as I start laughing. My heart still racing.

"Sorry!" He says, very amused.

"where the hell did you come from?" She says closing the door over and releasing my arm, which i'm sure will probably have some marks with how tightly she just held me.

"I was just going to school....Where did you go earlier, you ran out of here faster than I've ever saw you run" He jokes and Cheryl slaps his arm playfully as she stands beside him.

"I just went to get Kimberley" She said and he turned and gave me a sad smile but he didn't ask any questions.

"Where were you, you weren't home when I got in last night, were you? I totally forgot about you, I'm so sorry" 

"It's okay, I would have phoned If I needed you and I was asleep, I was knackered after football, you weren't home so I just went straight to bed, woke up when you left earlier" He said as he reaches over onto the sofa and picks up his school bag.

"Wait there and I'll give you a lift" Cheryl says as she heads into the kitchen and comes back out with her bag. 

"It's okay, you stay here with Kimberley, I'll get the bus, don't worry" He smiles and he then shakes his head when Cheryl goes into her bag and pulls out her purse.

"It's fine, I don't need money either, I didn't spend any yesterday because I came home after football, so I'll just use that" 

"Are you sure? She checks and he nods. 

"Love ya Chez" He smiles as he waves us goodbye. "Bye Kimberley" We watch as he leaves the house and Cheryl flops down onto the sofa.

"Thanks god he didn't want a lift, I just want to sleep" She laughs and I agree as I sit down beside her. I'm still a bit confused as to what's going to happen now. We both admitted we liked each other. What does that make us now?.

"He reminds me so much of my little brother" I tell her, Smiling at the memory of Adam. Like Gary, he was kind, he never took anything for granted, he was helpful.

"Oh yeah?" She says lifting her head up as I took a seat beside her.

"Yeah, He would have been the same age as him now too, he was only 12 when he died" I haven't spoke about them in so long, it feels nice too, even though I know it will just get me upset. Cheryls face fills with sadness and she shakes her head and I'm sure I can see her eyes fill with tears.

"He was so young" She whispers and I nod. I still can't believe hes gone, he had his whole life in front of them, as did my sisters.

"I know, He was so like Gary, so caring, helpful, He never asked for anything, not even at 12 years old when all his friends were getting the latest of everything, i he really wanted it, he would ask, and it's funny because if he did ask, he would have gotten it straight away, but he just never did. even when My mum or dad gave him money for Ice Skating or Swimming at the weekend, he would always come back with something for us, wether it was just food or a little teddy, he was just very cute" I laugh, as I feel my eyes fill with tears.

"He sounds cute" 

"Yeah" I sigh as I rest my head against Cheryl's.

"You know you should go see a councilor" Cheryl says after about 5 minutes of silence.

"Why would I want to talk to a stranger?" I ask, maybe a bit too definsivley.

"Just you know, It might help talking to a stranger, If there is something you don't want to tell me, it might be easier telling...."

"You are getting fed up of listening to me aren't you" I sigh sadly, I knew I would annoy her at one point. What teenager wants to sit and listen to someone cry about there problems.

"God no Kimberley, that is not what I meant at all. Its just I'm sure there advice would be a hell of alot better than mine that's all, Sometimes I feel like I can't help you because I might say the wrong thing, that's all, I'm more than happy for you to talk to me, I meant what I said that I would be here at all times for you, I'd rather you spoke t me, but I was just putting that option out there, just in case you hadn't thought about it, That's all" She says quickly, 

"I'm sorry, I never meant..."

"Don't apoligise Kimberley, I'm just letting you know that there is more options for you, just in case you want to talk to someone that isn't me that's all" she smiles and she leans over and kisses me, instantly putting me at ease.

We break apart when the door goes and Cheryl sighs loudly "Just ignore it, I want to sleep" She whispers and I start laughing.

The door chaps again, louder this time and Cheryl curses loudly again and gets up off the sofa. 

"W--What the hell do you want? How do you find me here?" She says and I get up off the sofa and see a girl behind the door, she looks about our age.

"I met Gary, You're little brother, he told me where you stayed" She replies and Cheryl drops her head.

"Look you have to go, You have no right to be here, just leave me alone" She sighs

"I Just wanted to say Hi. and that I haven't forgotten. See you around" She says and leaves, Cheryl closes the door and doesn't turn around for a good few minutes.

"You okay?" I ask cautiously, staying where I am, by the sofa. "Who was she? What did she mean by that?"

Eventually she turns around and I see tears in her eyes. "Are you okay?" I ask and she shakes her head.

"She stays in Newcastle, she was someone I knew in school" She says and then pauses. "Remember when I told you about me past and I told you about how I let me friend pressure me into doing things?" she says and I nod. Unsure of where this was going.

"Well I did something horrible, something I regret so much, something that you will probably hate for me."

"What?" I ask.

"You aren't going to like it" She says, she looks sad, Nervous. 

"Tell me?"