Chapter 6

A light beamed from a ceiling, then another, and another, until an entire hallway was fluorescent with a stroke of light from every quarter inch of an elongated ceiling. Aurra sing was leading the way, while Tammy Sikar was following behind, silently investigating the mold and dirt that pasteurized the creaks and notches in the walls surrounding her. Aurra's shoes stopped, pivoted, and slid two steps ahead. Then, one of her freakishly, overly long, chalk-white fingers dialed four numbers onto a computerized pad, near a door handle. The door slid open, with a small screech, and the two bounty hunters walked inside, allowing the door to quickly seal itself shut after.

No lights were activated, contrary to the light-infested hallway the two once walked through. Tammy began to crash into ethereal, ghostly objects, continuously.
I can't see anything.
Aurra, hearing the commotion behind her, simply switched her five, slightly dim ceiling lights. All five arose in unison, all the same, yet now, displaying unbelievable, different horrors on the hard, paved walls of Aurra's room.

A painted face came from one light-stricken wall, and a tattoo design from another. A drawn skull came from one more wall, and a lightsaber sketch from another. And, at last, from the fifth lighted wall, written in a soaking, clotted red ink, presumably blood, were the words:
I. Will. Hunt. You.

However, these weren't the only drawings that found home to Aurra's walls. There were, in fact, hundreds of others surrounding these main, huge, five, blood-dripping pictures. Not only were these pictures horrifying in their own sense, but they were pictures of something, someone: Ahsoka Tano. One that eminently captured Sikar's attention was a skull painted with lekku tails, wrapping around its jaw, and through its own eyes. Tammy gasped, covering her mouth again, and naturally opened her eyes as far as they could stretch. She wasn't just shocked; she was scared. She knew that Aurra had an obsession with the fallen Jedi, but never to this extent. As Tammy drew closer to the sketches, examining each and every one, she now discovered a terrible truth: Aurra's tattoos weren't a way to draw Ahsoka out; they were a distress signal, a call for help to anyone listening. However, Aurra had far surpassed the point of that realization. She was deranged with anger and hate; hate of her past, of this very surreal world that she cannot get out of. Aurra's obsession was destroying who she was, who she is, and who she might be. And Tammy knew that it was bad. More than bad. It was a horrific nightmare.

Sikar then moved towards a desk she had earlier bumped into, noticing the amount of missed calls, messages, and tasks Aurra had. There were piles upon piles of secret information of bounty assignments, and yet were unopened. Not only these, but there were almost hundreds others stacked and piled upon Aurra's room, unanswered, unopened, and uncared for. Aurra was so emerged in this previous life of hers, that she had forgotten her present one, now. Tammy moved those aside, for seeing a small, blue beam flashing under the stacks of papers and data pads. It was a holotransmitter, as Tammy had realized, clicking a blue button, notifying a recently recorded message to Aurra.

A green stream of light took from into a green figure sporting Unkarian armor, a finer material of suit. As soon as the figure became recognizable from the transmitter's static, a voice spoke:

"As this beckoning war presses on, citizens, governments, and solar systems have begun to forget who we, bounty hunters, are, and the extent of which they need us. Join me, Boba Fett, descendant of the great Jango Fett, in a task that will undoubtably earn you the greatest reputation, and a valuable sum of cash. If joined, your name will be shouted, screamed about through every solar system, every voice, and every mind. You will be revered as the galaxy's greatest bounty hunters, even better than my father. If decided to join, arrive at the designated coridanants accompanying this message in seven rotations. My name is Boba Fett, and I hope to see you soon."

That message was four days late. However, as Tammy then discovered a list of unheard messages, she noticed there were millions of avoided calls, neglected transmissions, and deaf-turned reports; she realized that Aurra's holotransmitter hadn't been activated in years. Tammy began to think, of everything, and the nothing Aurra would soon become, if kept on her path. As an experienced marksman, Sikar knew of what and whatnot to dwell upon. One thing she never sunk her reality into, was her past. Although, at times, it can appear more vibrant and alive than our hazy present, Tammy knew that dwelling upon it would up inevitably destroy it. Despite her menacing history, Tammy always knew that accepting our fate was all she can, Aurra can ever do.

"You know, these transmissions haven't been opened. Don't you care about these?"
Aurra, out of a shadow, walked past Tammy, towards her bed, ignoring Sikar's comment. Tammy didn't need a reply, though; she knew that the only thing Aurra cared about, was destroying her past, which was something no one could do.