Mystery solved..

ohmygoodness..where do I begin? First of all, I am deeply sorry for the wait of this chapter! (and basically the continuation of this story) As you can tell..I've been quite busy since last October and I've been in quite the writers block. I loved seeing that my story finally got to 1000 reads! Wow guys! I'm so glad you guys like it. I made sure to make this teaser extra special...so here it is. 

_________________________________________________________________________

Screams. Piercing, blood-curdling screams. That's all I could hear although my eyes were closed tightly. I was sprawled on the ground, my bones feeling sore and tired. Two screams, both raising goosebumps from my arms. I was now conscious after the explosion, yet I didn't want to open my eyes. I wasn't wanting to see what the outcome of the explosion. I already saw things that I wished I have never seen in my life. 

Am I the only one alive now? Did the explosion kill everyone? What in the hell was that explosion, anyway? 

The screams turned into shrieks for help. I opened my eyes immediately, just now realizing the familarity of the voice. 

There was no smoke, yet I was now in a different room. The room was still white as clouds, and I could see my peers all lying unconscious on the ground..except Connor. He was still lying down only a few feet away from me, although he was very much indeed awake. You couldn't miss his gray eyes. He was staring right at me, seeing that I was already awake. 

The way we were looking at each other reminded me of when we were in the laboratory, before he had lost his memory..before I had gained this supernatural power. 

"...whatever happens, we all got each other." 

I would never forget those words he spoke that day. He probably didn't think much of it during that time, but now? I realized that we had to live by those words.

Another scream threw off our focus and we both simutaneously jolted upwards. 

Far ahead of us were three figures surrounding something in the middle. It took me a minute to realize that the 'something' in the middle was a body...it was the source of the screaming that we heard.

"DON'T!..PLEASE...DON'T!" The voice finally spoke in agony. 

Maryland. 

The three figures didn't seem to notice that me and Connor were fully awake. One of the figures held up a needle filled with red fluid.

"You failed to adjust to the test...you have no use. You are still..humane." The figure spoke in a gruff voice. 

Maryland started to sob. She begged for mercy through her sobs, pleading for her life that was now in the figure's hands. 

I wanted to reach out to Maryland so bad, but something inside seemed to stop me. I hesitated. If I could of gone back in time and not have chosen to hesitate, I would of..but it was too late.

The figure stabbed the needle right through her head and inserted the red fluid violently. Maryland's sobs were now silent, and her lifeless petite body lay cold still on the ground.

I immediately laid back down, my heart pounding with fear. Maryland...little Mary..

I turned my head slowly to find Connor already back on the ground, his eyes shut tightly. If only he remembered Maryland...If only he remembered that Maryland had a huge crush on him in school..If only he remembered how he helped her through her shyness and befriended her when nobody did...If only he-

I shut my eyes tight as this nostalgia ran through my head. The footsteps of the figures became louder, and louder..until I felt their feet stop right beside my head.